Ford buyers beware

It's not just Fords either. I worked at Dodge dealerships for 10 years and believe me I saw my fair share of recalls on dodges. More so before Mercedes-Benz took them over and after they sold it but they had their problems as well. The transmissions in Dodges wouldn't hold up after 150,000 miles. I sold my mom a Durango in 99 and sold my dad a Ram 1500 quad cab in 2002 and both of them had the 360 Magnum engine and transmission and both transmissions went out right at 150,000 miles. The best trucks ever made were the 25 and 3500 Rams with the Cummins turbo diesel and the Allison Transmissions made in the early 2000's. Those things were freaking Bulletproof and if they would have had today's power in those older Cummins it would have been the Pinnacle of trucks.

Brother, as a prior dodge employee myself, if you think the Allison has ever been behind a Cummins 2500 or 3500, please put whatever you’re smoking down. That combo has never existed, as far as the 12 and 24v Cummins are concerned, the engines are phenomenal in their own right, it’s the rest of the garbage in the package.

Brother, as a prior dodge employee myself, if you think the Allison has ever been behind a Cummins 2500 or 3500, please put whatever you’re smoking down. That combo has never existed, as far as the 12 and 24v Cummins are concerned, the engines are phenomenal in their own right, it’s the rest of the garbage in the package.
The 2023 Dodge is in line for the Allison transmission I believe.

I didn't know you could get an Allison in a Dodge. That would be awesome. I do have a Cummins, love it. It has the old style auto in it. I got @ 100k out of the original trans. And another 100k+ on it's current one. I have a GMC with the 8.1L gas and Allison, awesome truck. The trans even has a brake on it. The Ford is a 460, great engine. The Ford overdrive trans just isn't strong enough for the engine. I have @ 73k on the current trans and that's the most I've gotten out of one to date on that vehicle. I got @ 330k+ out of my mercedes trans, no complaints. And my wife has @ 360k+ and still going on a Toyota Camry.
It was suppose to be AISIN transmission.. the phone on talk to text spelled it Allison. However the 2023 is in line for the Allison transmission I believe. The AISIN tranny provides more pulling power and is overall a much stouter trans than it's counter parts of those years.

ezgif-1-2d7db3a88b.gif

I can't claim this info. My relative informed me of these problems and was adamant about avoiding them.
I have tried to learn everything I could all my life. If I took an interest in it I read up on it, researched it and delved into it with my hands. Most people are just happy to know one thing which is usually their job and then sit around and guzzle beer and watch football every chance they get. That was not me. I'm not afraid to talk about what I've learned. Even though it comes out wrong sometimes I'm confident in what I do and what I know. Unlike those that cower away from speaking out because of lack of knowledge they simply poke fun at people and crack jokes because they don't know anything else. That's cool, I'll leave them to it. I'm not always correct on some things and I take that as a learning experience and move on. However, I will not cower and sit back quietly and fear of being wrong. The people that usually make fun of others are the people that don't talk about what they know. That's because they don't know anything and they live in fear that somebody like them will crack jokes and make fun of them. So I appreciate the shout out. I believe you're stand-up guy regardless of what anybody else thinks.
The last couple of post just proves my point. Nothing but mockery.

Back
Top Bottom