Ford buyers beware

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
For those of you thinking of buying a pre-owned Ford F-159 avoid these year models like the plague. Starting with the 2004. That year model has a total of 16 recalls associated with it. Without going into technical detail trust me when I say don't waste you time or money on the following year models. 2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015. I was informed of the problems from the lead service technician of Ford dealership. Problems include everything from engine failure to transmission shifting in the second gear on the highway, to Knocking from the engine as a result of the cam phaser and cylinder heads. That's just a brief rundown of the many problems these year models face. I was also informed that as wonderful as these engines sound on paper they have a inherent problem. That's the EcoBoost 4-cylinder turbo. After about 50,000 miles these engines exhibit excessive stretching of the timing chain and require expensive repairs.

I'm not one of these Ford versus Chevy versus Mopar fanatics as I've owned several of each brand and enjoyed them very much. For mustangs, Trans ams, Grand Prix, Chevy and Ford trucks. All of which served me well. So this is not a knock on just Ford I'm sure other makes and models have their flaws but these particular models of the Ford F-150 are notorious for their many problems associated with those your models. So if you're out seeking a pre-owned Ford stay away from these year models and don't even consider them. Again this information comes straight from the service manager of a Ford dealership which happens to be my cousin. I am sure there is some of those trucks that will go on to give the owners a lot of years of service but the majority of them are laden with problems and you have been properly warned.

For those of you thinking of buying a pre-owned Ford F-150 avoid these year models like the plague. Starting with the 2004. That year model has a total of 16 recalls associated with it. Without going into technical detail trust me when I say don't waste you time or money on the following year models. 2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015. I was informed of the problems from the lead service technician of Ford dealership. Problems include everything from engine failure to transmission shifting in the second gear on the highway, to Knocking from the engine as a result of the cam phaser and cylinder heads. That's just a brief rundown of the many problems these year models face. I was also informed that as wonderful as these engines sound on paper they have a inherent problem. That's the EcoBoost 4-cylinder turbo. After about 50,000 miles these engines exhibit excessive stretching of the timing chain and require expensive repairs.

I'm not one of these Ford versus Chevy versus Mopar fanatics as I've owned several of each brand and enjoyed them very much. For mustangs, Trans ams, Grand Prix, Chevy and Ford trucks. All of which served me well. So this is not a knock on just Ford I'm sure other makes and models have their flaws but these particular models of the Ford F-150 are notorious for their many problems associated with those year models. So if you're out seeking a pre-owned Ford stay away from these year models and don't even consider them. Again this information comes straight from the service manager of a Ford dealership which happens to be my cousin. I am sure there is some of those trucks that will go on to give the owners a lot of years of service but the majority of them are laden with problems and you have been properly warned.

Guess I need to set my 2010 F-150 on fire since it's junk, per the Internet Expert. It's gonna be a sad day, cause its been a fantastic truck that has never seen a repair.......

You were warned by the Elite expert of everything.

Guess I need to set my 2010 F-150 on fire since it's junk, per the Internet Expert. It's gonna be a sad day, cause its been a fantastic truck that has never seen a repair.......
Do you need any advice on building an AR?

I was ask by a friend to talk to my cousin to see what Ford trucks would be a good pre-owned truck to buy. I called my cousin who has been a Ford service manager for 35 years or more. He went into detail on the year models to pass on. He did say that are those trucks that will exhibit no defects but told me the years that by far had the worst record service and repair wise. The 04 and 05 models were the models that had the most extensive problems from window regulators to engine and transmission problems. I can't even begin to rattle off all the problems those trucks had. Again some of them would be good trucks that would give years of good service but from what he saw on a massive warranty and repair record those years were the most problematic. He did say that most other years would make great trucks if well maintained.
I have no stake in this post I am just relaying information that was given to me in a 1 hour conversation on ones to try and shy away from. All manufacturers have their little problems but he just said to avoid those especially when purchasing a pre-owned F150. No skin off my back. I just though I would pass it along for those looking for a good F150 for a hunting or general purpose pickup.

I had the 2015 I think. Shift into park or first or something at highway speed.
That thing was 100% lemon. Dealer and Ford denies all. I no longer own it. I tried to make them buy it back. Good luck with that. Lemon law. Lol riiiight

Back
Top Bottom