• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone still own old Ford Rangers?

Had a 94 super cab 4x4 with the 4.0 automatic. Strong truck. Put a ton of miles on it. Bought it originally at Oakwood Auto Auction. Got it cheap cause you could count the cylinders by the number of rods banging. Built that engine and got about 30,000 on it when it lost oil pressure cruising home one afternoon at 70mph. All the parts had come from Ford luckily to build it. Oil pump decided to spit some teeth out. Ford actually warranted all the parts to build it back because some of the oil pumps ( certain date range ) had been recalled for that exact reason. Pump gears hadn’t been hardened correctly they said. I think it had about 120,000 on that engine when I sold it.
Great truck.

We got a 2004 for my wife. It’s according to her a humpy truck. Step side. 4 cylinders 215k. Needed a few minor repairs and it became not reliable for her. When I retired she let me have it.
Better mileage than my 2500.

We got a 2004 for my wife. It’s according to her a humpy truck. Step side. 4 cylinders 215k. Needed a few minor repairs and it became not reliable for her. When I retired she let me have it.
Better mileage than my 2500.
Yea I work almost an hour away so it’s solely my commuter. Love the little thing.

I like the ole 80s models in the Ranger and the S10. I almost bought a ZR 2 back in the day. The old Toyotas were great too. But finding one of those not all rusted out is about impossible

Back
Top Bottom