• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone still own old Ford Rangers?

HCFD

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
21   0
Reaction score
I’ve always loved the old body Ford Rangers ever since I was a kid. Just curious who out there has one and your view point on them? Reliable? Waste of money? Here’s a pic of my 03 Ranger.

Attachments

• 9D56DE95-FCEC-437A-BDB7-5604CB06199D.jpeg
    9D56DE95-FCEC-437A-BDB7-5604CB06199D.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 28
Ive owned a couple and my favorite was a 2006 regular cab edge. It was oddly loaded for a regular cab because it had all the power options but still had the rubber floor which is what I wanted. The only negative was the sad little 3.0 v6 that wouldnt pull a greased string out of a cats you know what. It was fine once you got it up to speed but you really had to peddle to get it there!

Ive owned a couple and my favorite was a 2006 regular cab edge. It was oddly loaded for a regular cab because it had all the power options but still had the rubber floor which is what I wanted. The only negative was the sad little 3.0 v6 that wouldnt pull a greased string out of a cats you know what. It was fine once you got it up to speed but you really had to peddle to get it there!
This edge is one of my trucks that I own and it seems that whenever I drive it I will get Atleast one person asking me if I’m selling it (usually and older gentleman). And yes I know what you mean. Mine is the 3.0 and them hills will give me a run for my money lol.

Had a '98 Ford Ranger with 3.0 v-6 and 5-sp extended cab. First brand new vehicle I ever bought.

Not the strongest motor but you could catch second gear.

About the only problem I had was the idle air control valve went out around 70k. Easy fix.

Only reason I sold it was because I moved and so my commute changed and I got tired of the stop and go with the 5sp.

Great little truck for what it was.

I recently sold my 2006 Ranger Edge. Great truck. No problems with it except it didn't quite have the power to pull my boat. It would do it but it was straining. Had the 3.0L. New (er) 2019 with 2.0L Eco-boost pulls it with no trouble.

This edge is one of my trucks that I own and it seems that whenever I drive it I will get Atleast one person asking me if I’m selling it (usually and older gentleman). And yes I know what you mean. Mine is the 3.0 and them hills will give me a run for my money lol.
I loved the little truck and I think the edge package is the best looking one out there. I miss mine. It was great around the farm and local runs it didnt bother me much about the engine until I had to go on longer trips/major highways.

Had a '98 Ford Ranger with 3.0 v-6 and 5-sp extended cab. First brand new vehicle I ever bought.

Not the strongest motor but you could catch second gear.

About the only problem I had was the idle air control valve went out around 70k. Easy fix.

Only reason I sold it was because I moved and so my commute changed and I got tired of the stop and go with the 5sp.

Great little truck for what it was.
Luckily mine is an automatic. Just crossed 157k miles and running well. Guy before me took real good care of it and replaced the transmission. I still leave all hauling to my f150 though lol.

Back
Top Bottom