Ford buyers beware

Weill I traded in my 2004 f150 with 179k miles with the triton that sounded like a diesel since hitting 90k. Did need the cam phasers but I wasn’t about to pay 3k so I figured I’d just drive it till it died. Ran fine but only got about 12mpg. Bought the 2019 f150 4x4 4dr sport on Memorial Day with 11k in incentives and they gave me 4500 for my 2004. New truck average mpg with the coyote is 19mpg. Just turned 70k.
Older guy I used to work with never change the oil in his. He would just keep adding oil, like cheap **** from the Dollar General. Sumbitch knocked like a Jehovhas Witness on crack but to my knowledge it's till running

Older guy I used to work with never change the oil in his. He would just keep adding oil, like cheap **** from the Dollar General. Sumbitch knocked like a Jehovhas Witness on crack but to my knowledge it's till running
Lol. I had a 66 bronco when I was a teenager and used to put used drain oil in it cuz main seal was bad. Had the 289 with 3 on the tree and 279k miles. Man I wish I still had that thing. Sold it for $500 when I was 18 and moved to CA.

Greg, we've had our differences but, I think you deserve a shout out. Since we've "met", I've learned a lot. As a matter of fact, I've become an expert in a number of things...
Dog Breeding
Machining metal
Gunsmithing
Reloading
Ford Trucks
Aggressive People
Neighbor skills
... the list goes on seemingly forever

and as an added bonus, you showed me exactly how to up my run on sentence game... hell, my grammar game in general! I just wanted to take a second and acknowledge you for everything you do.
I can't claim this info. My relative informed me of these problems and was adamant about avoiding them.
I have tried to learn everything I could all my life. If I took an interest in it I read up on it, researched it and delved into it with my hands. Most people are just happy to know one thing which is usually their job and then sit around and guzzle beer and watch football every chance they get. That was not me. I'm not afraid to talk about what I've learned. Even though it comes out wrong sometimes I'm confident in what I do and what I know. Unlike those that cower away from speaking out because of lack of knowledge they simply poke fun at people and crack jokes because they don't know anything else. That's cool, I'll leave them to it. I'm not always correct on some things and I take that as a learning experience and move on. However, I will not cower and sit back quietly and fear of being wrong. The people that usually make fun of others are the people that don't talk about what they know. That's because they don't know anything and they live in fear that somebody like them will crack jokes and make fun of them. So I appreciate the shout out. I believe you're stand-up guy regardless of what anybody else thinks.

What vehicle? can I call dibs when it’s time to trade it in?
2023 ford f150 super crew 4x4 in grey with black trim.

looks similar to this.

2023-ford-f-150-diesel-concept-1536x808.jpg

I noticed that almost every truck that passes me on the highway are ford's. They have to keep their speed up so when the engine quits it will coast as far as possible.
Fords are good trucks no doubt. I must have sold a few hundred when I was working the pre owned lot. Not one ever came back for repair. Of course that was before 2004. Most cars and trucks from the late 90's to present are decent vehicles. I know most of the engines are marvels of modern technology and will last a very long time if maintained properly. Of course that goes for most makes. If you take care of them they will serve you well. Now there are exceptions as with all mechanical pieces but for the most part they are very well built. I think we have a little ways to go before we hit import level quality but we are getting better year by year. I mean look at the strides in engine efficiency over the last 20 years. V8 engines getting between 20 to 30 mpg on the highway from displacement on demand jobs. People would have laughed at that idea in the early 90's.

It's not just Fords either. I worked at Dodge dealerships for 10 years and believe me I saw my fair share of recalls on dodges. More so before Mercedes-Benz took them over and after they sold it but they had their problems as well. The transmissions in Dodges wouldn't hold up after 150,000 miles. I sold my mom a Durango in 99 and sold my dad a Ram 1500 quad cab in 2002 and both of them had the 360 Magnum engine and transmission and both transmissions went out right at 150,000 miles. The best trucks ever made were the 25 and 3500 Rams with the Cummins turbo diesel and the Allison Transmissions made in the early 2000's. Those things were freaking Bulletproof and if they would have had today's power in those older Cummins it would have been the Pinnacle of trucks.
I didn't know you could get an Allison in a Dodge. That would be awesome. I do have a Cummins, love it. It has the old style auto in it. I got @ 100k out of the original trans. And another 100k+ on it's current one. I have a GMC with the 8.1L gas and Allison, awesome truck. The trans even has a brake on it. The Ford is a 460, great engine. The Ford overdrive trans just isn't strong enough for the engine. I have @ 73k on the current trans and that's the most I've gotten out of one to date on that vehicle. I got @ 330k+ out of my mercedes trans, no complaints. And my wife has @ 360k+ and still going on a Toyota Camry.

You can have them buy it back you just have to be persistent. We had a customer that bought a Dakota RT. That's the extended cab with the 360 in it well he lowered it and put a vortec supercharger on it. He ended up getting them to buy the truck back because it was 100 lb short on the towing capacity. So it can be done it's just a time consuming process and you just need to hang in there. By law you do have 3 days to turn the truck back in for buyer's remorse and that cannot be disputed the dealership just have to handle your keys back if you traded it in or refund your money if you put a large deposit on it. This guy went all the way out and I don't think he wanted a new truck from Dodge I think he wanted a different model or different make but out of all those modifications you still got them to buy the truck back. So if you can be patient and persistent you can get them to buy it back. It's just how much time and energy do you want to put into it. Cuz it is not a quick process.

I’ve read a bunch of opinion in this but felt like once opinion turns into untrue fact, it’s time to clear it…

Georgia does not have a 3 day cooling off period for car sales. I’ve seen people try this constantly. In Georgia, when you take delivery, you now own the vehicle. The are “ways” around this but a buyers remorse period ain’t it chief.

That being said, if you have proof, lemon law isn’t hard. My best friends explorer ST was lemon lawed 6 months ago for full msrp.

Please don’t be that guy who spread misinformation though.

Back
Top Bottom