• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ford buyers beware

It isn’t. I think you are confusing the Aisin which is a decent trans as well
If you look four post up on the net I read a while back. I pulled up the link but apparently the kibosh was put on that match. They were giving me hell because I mentioned AISIA with the Cummins as a good combo but I was using talk to text and my pronunciation of AISIA came out as Allison which was never offered. They were laying it on thick for that mistake. I am going to have to stop using talk to text with this crowd and proof read every command question mark so I don't get crucified up in this biotch!

CORRECTED

From what I read the AISIN is an available option but only for the 3500. There is also a company out there who makes adapter kits so that you can put the Allison in the Dodge.

From what I read the AISIN is an available option but only for the 3500. There is also a company out there who makes adapter kits so that you can put the Allison in the Dodge.
Correct there's a strong aftermarket for that.

One thing I’m going to remember for a long time is to never buy a 2020, 2021, or 2022 model from any manufacturer. I have absolutely no data to back this up but I lived through the age of Covid and saw the pictures of vast acreage of vehicles sitting in lots waiting for “parts” before they could be sold. Not to mention the quality labor that walked out the door to be replaced by anyone with spontaneous respirations a pulse.

Hard pass on “Covid cars”

One thing I’m going to remember for a long time is to never buy a 2020, 2021, or 2022 model from any manufacturer. I have absolutely no data to back this up but I lived through the age of Covid and saw the pictures of vast acreage of vehicles sitting in lots waiting for “parts” before they could be sold. Not to mention the quality labor that walked out the door to be replaced by anyone with spontaneous respirations a pulse.

Hard pass on “Covid cars”
I remember seeing that as well. It's no telling how long they say there either.

I didn't know you could get an Allison in a Dodge. That would be awesome. I do have a Cummins, love it. It has the old style auto in it. I got @ 100k out of the original trans. And another 100k+ on it's current one. I have a GMC with the 8.1L gas and Allison, awesome truck. The trans even has a brake on it. The Ford is a 460, great engine. The Ford overdrive trans just isn't strong enough for the engine. I have @ 73k on the current trans and that's the most I've gotten out of one to date on that vehicle. I got @ 330k+ out of my mercedes trans, no complaints. And my wife has @ 360k+ and still going on a Toyota Camry.
you CAN'T get an Allison in a Ram not yet, But you CAN get an Aisin in a Ram 3500....

Back
Top Bottom