Ford buyers beware

Odd that the 2023 is already out and the Allison is not an option.

Here it is, July 2022, and I did a little research on the “Build Your RAM” website just to see what’s available. While looking at the page to build a 2500, I found the 68RFE is the only transmission listed as an option when you order the 6.7-liter Cummins. Not only is the Allison not listed as an option, but what happened to the Aisin? Oh, that’s right, for some reason, that box was only available with the HO engine in the 3500. I hoped it would be part of the 2500 package, but alas… If you look at the 3500 page, the HO Cummins and the Aisin are still listed as options, but again, the Allison is not.

Just proves the point that you cannot believe everything you read on the internet. For years I heard that Ford had bought out cummins and was planning to put them in their F series trucks when Dodge's contract ran out. All internet myth. Cummins is it's own company and has never been owned by Ford. Ford does use cummins in some of their Heavy Duty and Cargo trucks but not in the F series and they certainly never owned Cummins.

Odd that the 2023 is already out and the Allison is not an option.

Here it is, July 2022, and I did a little research on the “Build Your RAM” website just to see what’s available. While looking at the page to build a 2500, I found the 68RFE is the only transmission listed as an option when you order the 6.7-liter Cummins. Not only is the Allison not listed as an option, but what happened to the Aisin? Oh, that’s right, for some reason, that box was only available with the HO engine in the 3500. I hoped it would be part of the 2500 package, but alas… If you look at the 3500 page, the HO Cummins and the Aisin are still listed as options, but again, the Allison is not.
Mine was a 2020 2500 with the Cummins and 68RFE. Loved it. If I remember correctly, there wasn't an option to go with an Allison. I even tried dropping Greg's name.... they still said "No Allison for you!"

Why would you guys want a transmission named after a girl? Tranny transmission?

My transmission is named Hector Macho Cammacho.

Just proves the point that you cannot believe everything you read on the internet. For years I heard that Ford had bought out cummins and was planning to put them in their F series trucks when Dodge's contract ran out. All internet myth. Cummins is it's own company and has never been owned by Ford. Ford does use cummins in some of their Heavy Duty and Cargo trucks but not in the F series and they certainly never owned Cummins.
If you noticed at the end of that comment I said " I believe ". Meaning I wasn't 100 % positive. It was what I had heard or read. I don't buy into everything I read on the internet but I don't discount it automatically either.

If you noticed at the end of that comment I said " I believe ". Meaning I wasn't 100 % positive. It was what I had heard or read. I don't buy into everything I read on the internet but I don't discount it automatically either.
I wasn't accusing you of anything. Just having a discussion. If you notice, my reply was that I have my doubts that GM was going to let Dodge use their transmission. Anything is possible.

233sll.jpg

Back
Top Bottom