• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

I don't get the upscale versions of this truck. To me it's all about upfront affordability and economical to operate. So far it has done that and more. A Tremor and Raptor version of one of these makes about as much sense as an SVO edition Ford Fiesta. But I am sure some dude will be all over it and brag about paying above sticker for the little thing.
I get options that might make it a little more comfortable, but yeah this truck really isn't that. But hey to each his own. There's an FX4 coming in that I was considering but apparently the only thing that includes is different rims and all terrain tires? For me, it's a commuter. That's it. I'd like leather, but I'm not going to pay the Lariat differential. Heck here I'd pay for air conditioned seats. 😬

I get options that might make it a little more comfortable, but yeah this truck really isn't that. But hey to each his own. There's an FX4 coming in that I was considering but apparently the only thing that includes is different rims and all terrain tires? For me, it's a commuter. That's it. I'd like leather, but I'm not going to pay the Lariat differential. Heck here I'd pay for air conditioned seats. 😬
Ok, I was wrong. Includes a lot more. https://www.hotcars.com/ford-maverick-fx4-what-we-love/

I don't get the upscale versions of this truck. To me it's all about upfront affordability and economical to operate. So far it has done that and more. A Tremor and Raptor version of one of these makes about as much sense as an SVO edition Ford Fiesta. But I am sure some dude will be all over it and brag about paying above sticker for the little thing.
I just spent three days trying to decide on what truck I want. Have a 2015 Tacoma pro and just want another midsize. Looked at the new Ranger and Colorado. Really don’t like a turbo engine and the Ford CEO made a comment that went live basically saying that their quality control was crap and he was going to change that. The new Colorado/canyon has updates that are put out over the wifi systems. New owners are reporting completely drained batteries due to this new system. Plus it also has a turbo engine. That leaves me with the Nissan or Toyota. The Pro 4 x rode and handled better than the Toyota. Also offering 6000 off sticker and it has a regular 6 cylinder engine. I will probably have one in the next day or two. The new Tacoma Pro looks great but 54000 vs 43000 Is a huge difference.

I just spent three days trying to decide on what truck I want. Have a 2015 Tacoma pro and just want another midsize. Looked at the new Ranger and Colorado. Really don’t like a turbo engine and the Ford CEO made a comment that went live basically saying that their quality control was crap and he was going to change that. The new Colorado/canyon has updates that are put out over the wifi systems. New owners are reporting completely drained batteries due to this new system. Plus it also has a turbo engine. That leaves me with the Nissan or Toyota. The Pro 4 x rode and handled better than the Toyota. Also offering 6000 off sticker and it has a regular 6 cylinder engine. I will probably have one in the next day or two. The new Tacoma Pro looks great but 54000 vs 43000 Is a huge difference.

If this was my own personal vehicle I would look at a full size. The Canyon/Tacoma size trucks always seem to end up with full size truck price tags. I'm not a real big fan of any of the new stuff out there. Seems like a lot of painful growing pains with new turbo tech and 4 cyl motors trying to equal the output and longevity of the older V8 pickups. I'm glad I've got a few old square body Chevy's to truck around with until this all shakes out.

Went to put in an order, and an XLT with all-wheel drive and the 4K tow package (nothing ng else) is $32k. I guess I'm just going to have to readjust what an "economy" vehicle is. :tsk:
Seriously! I looked at that a little while back and thought, you know my fully loaded Lariat F150 was $32k when I bought it new in '06 and couldnt comfortably pay that much for one of these then I priced out a new F150 comparable to what I had and 🤯.....vehicles have had a 100% increase in the last 17 years! I'm cheap so it doesn't help any...lol

Seriously! I looked at that a little while back and thought, you know my fully loaded Lariat F150 was $32k when I bought it new in '06 and couldnt comfortably pay that much for one of these then I priced out a new F150 comparable to what I had and 🤯.....vehicles have had a 100% increase in the last 17 years! I'm cheap so it doesn't help any...lol
Sticker on my fully loaded Z66 '02 Avalanche was $35k. I bought it for $30k. I guess today it would in fact be more than doubled. An economy little "truck" for over $30k hurts my head.

Went with daughter three days ago to order her new car. 2024 Mustang Gt premium with the additional brenbo brake package. The car cost exactly what my first home cost in 1987. 53,000
i was trying my best to talk her into a Lexus Sport F 300 but her money her choice. I guess I messed up when I bought her a new 6 cylinder mustang when she turned 17. I told both of my girls I would pay for their college and buy them their first car. But when I am gone there will not be anything left but a house for them to sale.

Went with daughter three days ago to order her new car. 2024 Mustang Gt premium with the additional brenbo brake package. The car cost exactly what my first home cost in 1987. 53,000
i was trying my best to talk her into a Lexus Sport F 300 but her money her choice. I guess I messed up when I bought her a new 6 cylinder mustang when she turned 17. I told both of my girls I would pay for their college and buy them their first car. But when I am gone there will not be anything left but a house for them to sale.
Can't imagine what the insurance for a young driver would be on a new Mustang GT.

Can't imagine what the insurance for a young driver would be on a new Mustang GT.
She is 23. Graduated Berry last year and is a emergency room nurse. She knows the insurance is gonna be up there. Her savings is already pretty high and the overtime pay is unreal to me. Car will not be here till April but I am guessing June or July. I made her start a IRA as soon as she got the job and luckily she also has a company that matches her other savings dollar for dollar. We looked at some homes for her but the way the market is now told her to just live at home and pay the car off in three years and then we will look at the house situation again.

Back
Top Bottom