• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

What options did you get with that? I really wish they would offer a non turbo, non hybrid engine……
Me too, but...
They changed the Lariat package for 2024. It's a ridiculously long list that now includes pretty much everything including the upgraded Lariat Luxury package (vs previous std Lariat package) and their 360 assist and then some (half of which I don't want). AWD is included. Only material thing I added was the the 4k tow package. Wanted it as much for the cooling as the towing.

Well.... the Maverick came in Monday. Fortunately that was enough of a delay to allow me to do some reading in various owner groups about the unbelievable amount of problems with these trucks. :shocked: Holy christmas. I decided to not take delivery, and bought a new '23 SR5 Tacoma Double Cab long wheel base yesterday.
The unbelievable problems with the Mavericks aside, the deciding factors for me were, I got a 6-ft bed (big deal to me) a naturally aspirated V6 (another preference), decent tow capacity, and hopefully something where I won't get to know the service manager at the dealer service center on a first name basis. Not to mention The historically ridiculous resell. The Frontiers fit the V6 six foot bed desires as well but the dealers were slow and difficult to work with and good Lord the back seat in those things sucks beyond belief. And oh yeah, the Tacoma was shockingly less $$$ than either. The redesigned 24 Tacomas (no more V6s offered) are just starting to show up so they are dealing on the leftover 23's.
(I'm really going to miss the comfort and utility of the Avalanche and wish they still made them, but it's going to have to go. Well I guess they do now with the 2024 Electric Silverado but no, just no.)

Well.... the Maverick came in Monday. Fortunately that was enough of a delay to allow me to do some reading in various owner groups about the unbelievable amount of problems with these trucks. :shocked: Holy christmas. I decided to not take delivery, and bought a new '23 SR5 Tacoma Double Cab long wheel base yesterday.
The unbelievable problems with the Mavericks aside, the deciding factors for me were, I got a 6-ft bed (big deal to me) a naturally aspirated V6 (another preference) and hopefully something where I won't get to know the service manager at the dealer service center on a first name basis. Not to mention The historically ridiculous resell. The Frontiers fit the V6 six foot bed desires as well but the dealers were slow and difficult to work with and good Lord the back seat in those things sucks beyond belief. And oh yeah, the Tacoma was shockingly less $$$ than either. The redesigned 24 Tacomas (no more V6s offered) are just starting to show up so they are dealing on the leftover 23's.
(I'm really going to miss the comfort and utility of the Avalanche and wish they still made them, but it's going to have to go. Well I guess they do now with the 2024 Electric Silverado but no, just no.)
Odds are good you made the right decision.

The unbelievable problems with the Mavericks aside, the deciding factors for me were, I got a 6-ft bed (big deal to me) a naturally aspirated V6 (another preference) and hopefully something where I won't get to know the service manager at the dealer service center on a first name basis. Not to mention The historically ridiculous resell. The Frontiers fit the V6 six foot bed desires as well but the dealers were slow and difficult to work with and good Lord the back seat in those things sucks beyond belief. And oh yeah, the Tacoma was shockingly less $$$ than either. The redesigned 24 Tacomas (no more V6s offered) are just starting to show up so they are dealing on the leftover 23's.
You can be confident that you made a great decision..

Man…..I’ve got the itch for a Tacoma and y’all ain’t helping. The only hang up is the gas mileage, wish is was at least 25 on the highway.

Back
Top Bottom