• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

I dont like it but I dont like the new bronco either. I guess I got spoiled growing up in the 70's and 80's when trucks and SUV's had character.
Yep and full frame construction, steel bodies and real bumpers, The mid 60s were the last of an era. You could walk across the top of the car and never dent it. You do that with a new one and you'll total it out......

Different strokes I guess.
The Maverick looks like a generic truck, in so much as a small four door truck can. The Santa Cruz looks like a transgendered Subaru Brat abortion.
And what is this crap? To index the fender flare? Meh.
Screenshot_20230721-165907_Brave.jpg

My dad picked up a maverick yesterday from Athens ford and canceled his order that has been on order since September 2022 through Loganville Ford. He said driving it home averaged 41 mpg. Overall he likes it, he is a decent sized guy and says he has enough space inside.

My dad picked up a maverick yesterday from Athens ford and canceled his order that has been on order since September 2022 through Loganville Ford. He said driving it home averaged 41 mpg. Overall he likes it, he is a decent sized guy and says he has enough space inside.
But does it have enough power to pull a greasy string out of a cat’s azz?

I don't have a cat or grease any strings to test that with. BUT in the real world, this little truck does an excellent job. 50.5 mpg averaged over a 29 mile trip yesterday. Averaging 41 mpg over the last few weeks. Only thing I have missed with a full size truck are stops at gas stations. Interior is well laid out and comfortable. AC will freeze meat. Haters gonna hate (I was one) but this little truck hits a niche. Ford got a lot right for around $24k.

*We call it the FRUCK. Because it is kind of a frugging ugly little truck. But it's grown on me a lot.

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 17
  • MPG.jpg
    MPG.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 17
Enough power for his applications 🤷‍. It's a 4 cylinder with the hybrid charge as you drive. It's not like you're gonna pull a travel trailer or boat with a small truck. Most he will do is put some antique furniture in the bed, lumber or bags of mulch.

Back
Top Bottom