• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

Dodge automatic transmissions is a whole story by itself. Most of them are junk. The first gen Cummins powered trucks cracked frames by the steering box . The interior at 50,000 miles looks like a 300,000 mile taxi cab cracked dashes and breaking plastic trim are pretty common. The bodies rust out at a pretty alarming fast pace. 24 valve early Cummins engine ate VP-44's like candy as well as the priming pumps. There was a solution from Cummins for non Dodge applications. I am not sure if it was available to Dodge owners. If you run one of those out of fuel you are buying a pump in the next 2 weeks.Cam failure of the Dodge gas engines is as bad as a 5.3 chevy and maybe worse. Older trucks also had crap wheel bearings. You would think in 100 years those would be scienced out.
Muh 12 valve is worth 20K with bro dozer wheels and rock lights

143F5ED5-8825-4BD0-8296-41C845C63425.jpeg

I have a ‘19. Wish it had the 10 speed. I had two episodes of death wobble but a leveling kit and aftermarket wheels has taken care of it.

Most 6.0s had issues because people didn't know how to maintain them. Yea, they had their own problems but negligence by the owner was a big issue.
Nothing some better head bolts and egr delete wouldn't fix , but there's plenty goodies to add to. I know folks that's got big miles on 6.0 . Had one and loved it. I don't buy brand new diesels , or any other new design stuff . but that's me. Let somebody else work out the bugs

Nothing some better head bolts and egr delete wouldn't fix , but there's plenty goodies to add to. I know folks that's got big miles on 6.0 . Had one and loved it. I don't buy brand new diesels , or any other new design stuff . but that's me. Let somebody else work out the bugs
Yea mines studded with ARPs. I would love a newer 6.7 but I still love the bastard child sixho like a coked up midget on Friday night

And a new 10 speed transmission that’s never been tested.
Maybe it will last longer than the warranty but Probably not as long as the payments.

What’s that cost to rebuild ?
$5k ?

Back
Top Bottom