• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Has anyone here purchased the new 2020 F-250 or F-350? I test drove one and loved the 10 speed just curious if anyone here has purchased one yet to get some feedback.

If it’s all new , I’d let someone else do the testing for a couple of years.

Remember the 6.0 diesels that self destructed because ford didn’t test them at all before they started selling them ??
Nearly every 6.0 blew up just after the warranty expired. And the ones that blew before the warranty expired ford just simply refused to honor the warranty

Remember the 6.0 diesels that self destructed because ford didn’t test them at all before they started selling them ??
Nearly every 6.0 blew up just after the warranty expired. And the ones that blew before the warranty expired ford just simply refused to honor the warranty

Ford did not build those. Remember the lawsuit of International by Ford ? The 6.0 is garbage but it was tested. The 6.0 has not been for sale for many years. Remember the 4l60e and 700r4 transmissions that died at 90,000 miles or the 6.2 and 6.5 diesels that cracked heads by the pallet load? Or how about the 5.3's that wipe out cams and are still being sold. I can work on Dodge next if you want.

Google Harley death wobble....every manufacturer has issues
Honda had trans issues in Odyssey vans for years, Honda had CVT transmission issues for years, Ford 3.8's blew head gaskets like mad, Ford 5.3 3 valve motors had oil pump backing plate issues that caused cam and cam phaser issues, Dodge hemi's had valve seat issues......etc etc

Carry on with Dodge, love to hear their issues!!

Dodge automatic transmissions is a whole story by itself. Most of them are junk. The first gen Cummins powered trucks cracked frames by the steering box . The interior at 50,000 miles looks like a 300,000 mile taxi cab cracked dashes and breaking plastic trim are pretty common. The bodies rust out at a pretty alarming fast pace. 24 valve early Cummins engine ate VP-44's like candy as well as the priming pumps. There was a solution from Cummins for non Dodge applications. I am not sure if it was available to Dodge owners. If you run one of those out of fuel you are buying a pump in the next 2 weeks.Cam failure of the Dodge gas engines is as bad as a 5.3 chevy and maybe worse. Older trucks also had crap wheel bearings. You would think in 100 years those would be scienced out.

Good buddy has new gas Super Duty and loves it except for occasionally death wobble when hitting bridges or other large bumps. He’s working on finding an aftermarket solution now as the dealership hasn’t been helpful.

All brands make good trucks and bad trucks. Luck plays a role and maintenance plays a bigger one. I’ve owned all major brands of different years, models, generations, etc. and have never had a major issue from any of them. Part may be luck but part is that I treat them right and don’t expect something “special” from my truck. They’re all damn near the same and brand loyalty is silly.

Most 6.0s had issues because people didn't know how to maintain them. Yea, they had their own problems but negligence by the owner was a big issue.

Back
Top Bottom