• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

Ford did not build those. Remember the lawsuit of International by Ford ? The 6.0 is garbage but it was tested. The 6.0 has not been for sale for many years. Remember the 4l60e and 700r4 transmissions that died at 90,000 miles or the 6.2 and 6.5 diesels that cracked heads by the pallet load? Or how about the 5.3's that wipe out cams and are still being sold. I can work on Dodge next if you want.

Doesn’t matter who built them
Ford used em and they were totally unreliable
And could never have been tested

If the failure rate in testing was as high as the real world use, who would use it in production ?

Either that or they failed frequently in the testing and Ford didn’t care.
Blaming it on poor maintenance seems like a lame excuse for incompetence

You’d think after 100 YEARS of building automobiles that ford and every other manufacturer would have figured out how to build an engine and transmission and wheel bearings that would last the life of the vehicle .

Most 6.0s had issues because people didn't know how to maintain them. Yea, they had their own problems but negligence by the owner was a big issue.

Most of the people that complain about 6.0 reliability also have upgraded injectors, a programmer and numerous other modifications. Most people with completely stock 6.0's seem happy.

View attachment 2623873
I have a ‘19. Wish it had the 10 speed. I had two episodes of death wobble but a leveling kit and aftermarket wheels has taken care of it.
I have the TorqueShift6 and have really enjoyed it but the 10 speed is supposedly a Ford Allison project and I drove one the other day and the shifts were super smooth and gobs of power in all gears.

Nothing some better head bolts and egr delete wouldn't fix , but there's plenty goodies to add to. I know folks that's got big miles on 6.0 . Had one and loved it. I don't buy brand new diesels , or any other new design stuff . but that's me. Let somebody else work out the bugs

No problems at all with my 2017 F250, 26,000 miles and not one issue with "so called Death Wobble" I do like the idea of the New Transmission though. I hear it is a beast and along with the Collaboration between GM and Ford to build it, I am sure it will be around for a while.

View attachment 2624534

It shifts better than the Torqueshift honestly. Having 10 speeds certainly smoothed out the shifts.

I got a 1999 f350 4x4 dually with the old international (444 ci ) turbo diesel motor and it has a whopping 20,000 miles on it and simply love it. I did say twenty thousand miles ! Paid under 30k brand new leather seats and loaded as much as you could put in them via factory. Best truck i ever owned and i had chevy's and dodges just like them and they sucked for pulling and dependability. NO death wobble and has front end lifted 2.5 inchs to level it out and hyper-tech tuner.
Think i'll keep it for another 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom