• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

I will never, never buy a short bed 3/4-1 ton ever again. Beautiful trucks but I am sick of riding with my tailgate down.
Well i didnt know enough about 5th wheel towing when i ordered and when i found out how much lower the payload was, it was to late. Im not getting a big 5th wheel this year so Ive got time to figure it out.

Well i didnt know enough about 5th wheel towing when i ordered and when i found out how much lower the payload was, it was to late. Im not getting a big 5th wheel this year so Ive got time to figure it out.

I think I am around 3200# but since I am always by myself I never have to worry about passengers or luggage or anything like that. All of my payload is available minus myself.

I think I am around 3200# but since I am always by myself I never have to worry about passengers or luggage or anything like that. All of my payload is available minus myself.
Im around 2700. The tremor package did not help my payload. A srw long bed 350 should be closer to 4k. Ive been looking at some pretty big 5th wheels.

I'm not sure how much has changed but with my 2016 the only difference between a 250 and a 350 was the rear end and the extra leaf spring. You could add the heavy service front axle and such but the only two main differences were the leaf spring and the rear end. Crazy those two things make such a large difference in payload capacity.

12mpg empty?
5-6 mpg towing?
YIKES.
I would like to know what your buddy is getting on the 7.3 dually.
That's kind of where I'm at right now with them too. Torn between f150 or f350. Yeah, I know. HUGE difference.
You don't buy a HD truck for MPG. But at the same time, I couldn't do 5 mpg. At that rate, I could drive a semi-truck and yield better mpg and tow literally anything....just because. LOL
He made the first run with the truck and it averaged 9mpg which is great for a fully loaded 30’ gooseneck.

View attachment 2657440 Just bought a 2019 f-250 powerstroke with 17000 miles on it. Right at $50000. New Sticker on it was $61000. This is why I buy used. Days Preowned in Rockmart. Just can’t beat there prices.

If you get a chance could you measure the height from the ground to the top of the rear fender well? I'm trying to see just how much taller the back of my truck is than a stock F-250 without Super Springs.

Back
Top Bottom