Basic
Change
Authentication Method
WPA2-PSK
Encryption Method
AES

Also change:
Advanced
802.11 mode to G or N (G works best for me)
WiFi channel to channel 6

This pretty much doubled my speed.

I was waiting for one guinea pig to try Calyx.

I figure the worst is they lose their contract, like Jeddak dispute charges-get money back and keep hot spot then look for another provider until the market allows other options.

It sucks but at least it's an option for $50/month of reasonable internet access.

I really appreciate you posting up the information above and when my stuff (ordered the $600 package) arrives I will try this to see if my speeds improve.

I was waiting for one guinea pig to try Calyx.

I figure the worst is they lose their contract, like Jeddak dispute charges-get money back and keep hot spot then look for another provider until the market allows other options.

It sucks but at least it's an option for $50/month of reasonable internet access.

I really appreciate you posting up the information above and when my stuff (ordered the $600 package) arrives I will try this to see if my speeds improve.

Your improvements may vary from mine. Before the changes I was averaging 2 to 3 MBS, Now I am getting 5 to 8 MBS (sometimes as high as 8 or 10). Just make sure you what the settings are when you before you start making changes, so you can restore it back if the changes don't work for you (but I can't believe that they won't).

If you wish you can do a little research on why I suggest these changes. When you have multiple choices for your machine to make (such as authentication and encryption) you are wasting MBS while it decides. WPA2 and AES are recommended.

As for G vs N, these are the faster than the others, Channel 6 usually has less traffic and is quicker. I did quite a few Speedtests evaluating the various setting to find what worked best for me.

Use the WiFi Analyzer app to scan for open WiFi channels. It support both 2.4 and 5Ghz (if you table/phone is 5Ghz capable). I ended up putting my router on Channel 11, IIRC. It was the least congested in my neighborhood.

I ditched 4GC yesterday. I have taken a chance on Calyx. It is working fine (faster than 4GCommunity) for now. I programed my 4GC hotspot to also work with Calyx so now I can leave one at home hooked up and I have one to take with me when I am out and about. Making lemonade.

How long did it take to receive the Hotspot from Calyx?

Use the WiFi Analyzer app to scan for open WiFi channels. It support both 2.4 and 5Ghz (if you table/phone is 5Ghz capable). I ended up putting my router on Channel 11, IIRC. It was the least congested in my neighborhood.

Agree. Channel 6 is the default 2.4 GHz channel for many routers, hence it tends to be most used in a lot of neighborhoods.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

You pay for a year upfront. You actually join Calyx by becoming a contributor.and the WiFi is "free"

$500 gets you a yesr and a Franklin R850 hot spot' $600 gets you a year and a Franklin R910 hot spot. Subsequent years are less because you already have the hotspot.
I think renewals are $400 .

Just turn on the hotspot and you have WiFi. Unlimited 4G. Read the FAQ's

https://www.calyxinstitute.org/member/membership-levels

I was also able to set my 4GCommunuty Zte pocket WiFi to tap into myCalyx account., so now I have two functional hotspots.

Membvership is also tax deductible.

You pay for a year upfront. You actually join Calyx by becoming a contributor.and the WiFi is "free"

$500 gets you a yesr and a Franklin R850 hot spot' $600 gets you a year and a Franklin R910 hot spot. Subsequent years are less because you already have the hotspot.
I think renewals are $400 .

Just turn on the hotspot and you have WiFi. Unlimited 4G. Read the FAQ's

https://www.calyxinstitute.org/member/membership-levels

I was also to set my 4GCommunuty Zte pocket WiFi to tap into myCalyx account., so now I have two functional hotspots.

Membvership is also tax deductible.
And did I read that you are also getting better speeds?

Back
Top Bottom