• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home internet / WiFi hotspots - 4G Community

Canoe, who is the unlimited coupon for , I did not see that option on the ATT link
Yes. For Unlimitedville.

I gave up on ATT. Too much trouble and drama for me.

I only need something for a couple of months until the fiberoptic internet is installed. Unlimitedville is actually going to be cheaper for me than ATT anyway and it is unlimited.

I just signed up with Boost.

$50 a month unlimited 4g on the phone AND 8 gig using the phone as a hotspot for the computer.

It is the best I could find, and we are fixing to lose 4GCommunity access any day now.

I got a free phone by converting from 4GCommunity to Boost, so, all it cost was 1 month of service up front and account setup.

I got the biggest phone they had and will try to use it for internet when I can.

This works out to about $20/month for 8 gigs on the hotspot, not great, but not bad.

Well this sux. I guess I'll have to find a new service for the Ring cameras at the range. It was great while it lasted. Too bad. I'm not sure what fantasy world I stepped into where I thought a mobile company wasn't going to **** me in the ass.

Does anyone know about or have experience with

https://www.calyxinstitute.org/member/map

Appears similar to 4G Community.

$500 for modem and 1 year 4G lte unlimited data with no throttling. Subsequent years are $400.
$600 same as above but 4G / LTE and 3G / CDMA.

Feedback?

They are also Sprint resellers as was 4GCommunity.

All the other unlimited plans have dried up, I would be leery of this one, esp with the full year prepay.

And the way they are wording their offer, no refund if no internet service, as that is not the product they are selling.

I just opened a dispute of American Express to get my money back for the unused 7 months of services from 4G Community. AmEx always did right by me in the past, so I hope they come thru this time.

ATT installed their 50 mb UVerse last week, and I am getting close to those speeds. They ran a new inside line for the modem. I am using my Asus router as Access Point now, and turned off the WiFi on the ATT router.

I cannot recommend Asus routers strong enough. They are very flexible, easy to set up and powerful. I have 3 out of 4 bars 100 feet from the house, in one of the barns. I did select open channels, so my neighbors would not get blasted by it.

AmEx already credited me the full $428 while they are investigating. I suspect 4G Commumity will not respond to AmEx. Their loss. I asked for a prorated refund, not the full 12 months.

I just opened a dispute of American Express to get my money back for the unused 7 months of services from 4G Community. AmEx always did right by me in the past, so I hope they come thru this time.

ATT installed their 50 mb UVerse last week, and I am getting close to those speeds. They ran a new inside line for the modem. I am using my Asus router as Access Point now, and turned off the WiFi on the ATT router.

I cannot recommend Asus routers strong enough. They are very flexible, easy to set up and powerful. I have 3 out of 4 bars 100 feet from the house, in one of the barns. I did select open channels, so my neighbors would not get blasted by it.
Love my ASUS RT-N66R router! Installed Merlin firmware on it several years ago and it's the cat's meow.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

AmEx already credited me the full $428 while they are investigating. I suspect 4G Commumity will not respond to AmEx. Their loss. I asked for a prorated refund, not the full 12 months.
AmEx finished their investigation and gave me a full ctedit of $428. 4GComunity did not respond to AmEx's request to prove the validity of charges.
So if you have unfulfiled contract terms on your 4GComunity service, dispute with the CC company. It worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom