• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling a home-no realtor

JDUB

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
Ain’t that a bitch… c’est la vie!
100   0
Reaction score
Home-Buyer seller gurus, need some guidance.

We were talking about selling our home and asked our neighbor who is well connected, do they know of anyone that may want to move to our area. They said yes, their FIL. They were very interested and after an appraisal and some negotiation, now we are waiting on a contract to be sent from them.

Caveat..

This is happening fast, so we rode around and actually found a new build that we are pre approved for. We went under contract with contingency..with a realtor.

In interest of due diligence periods and crossing T’s dotting i’s, and since no realtor is being used in the sale..we would like some guidance on what to ask for and what for look for.

Thank you!

Just contact the attorney and let them know what you want to do. At that point you are just along for the ride. We bought our house from an individual but we had a mutual friend (actually now our neighbor) who was our attorney.

We will def be using a RE attorney, on their side. We trust these buyers, but I don’t trust anyone 100% when it comes to money. Especially when I don’t know about the process.

Back
Top Bottom