• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could you turn off your phone and walk away from the internet

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
Im just curious. I know there is a variety of folks here. I know personally my screen time is pretty high and almost embarrassing. I know there are some who don't even carry a cellphone or those who only cut it on to make a call but also those who are on ours constantly. I know some only access forums from computers. I find I scroll while on hold and such at work and when Im home I just mindlessly scroll here and other forums and the book. For me picking up my phone or check on my computer is a lot like lighting a cigarette when i was a smoker. I didnt even realize what I was doing and didnt really want a cigarette I just did. Could you walk away from social media (including forums) and if so what would you do with your time?

This is pretty much my social media footprint. Right here… and like you, I spend an embarrassing amount of time on my phone.
Yes, I could unplug and be fine. I’ve got enough phone numbers from you folks that I’ll always have friends. But, without my social media footprint, I wouldn’t know some of the best people I’ve ever met.

And for that reason, I’ll try to reduce the amount of time I waste but I ain’t unplugging.

It would be impossible for a lot of reasons right now. I could see in the future being able to cut way back though.

ETA - Aside from this, I am mostly reading old posts on forums I never joined or watching videos about cars, sports, and barbecue. YouTube is my auto and home maintenance instructor as well, so that’s needed.

I never signed up for any social media.
I spend way too much time here on ODT.
I do read, reload, restore and do other hobbies, as well as in the process of rearing a new puppy.
I stay pretty busy.
You have to or go crazy.
:thumb:
That's pretty much my life. I was raised without all the techno and didn't even get my first computer until relatively late in life. If it all went away it would be a nuisance at first but I'd get over it pretty quickly.
I have plenty to do outside and a full library for rainy days.
The only real downside for me is that I'm a news junkie and having to go back to watching TV news and reading the papers would suck now
that we know that it's all BS.

Back
Top Bottom