• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could you turn off your phone and walk away from the internet

I’d kill every earbud in the world if I could. My wife started earbudding about a year ago and now (5mins ago matter of fact) I have to hear bull all the time cause “Are you listening to me??” ; I’m like “Heck, I thought you were talking on the buds” and how dare I start talking like a normal husband does when her podCast is on.. she don’t hear nothing. I’m starting to get used to it now and I think that pisses her off too lol. Idk?? getting to idc haha.
Yeah and don't you hate saying the same **** two and three times? I told all three kids do NOT be out in public walking around with BOTH ears blocked off. That just makes you a free pick for any and every **** bag criminal. I am TRYING to find another plain old Bluetooth for one ear like Plantronics and Motorola made years ago. I hate holding the phone to my head and got used to having it until my most recent phones. No matter what I did I could hear the other person but they couldn't hear me. So I got hung up on a lot. And as you can imagine I stomped out more than one Bluetooth in recent years.
But yeah, earbuds are almost as big of a problem today as the smart phones they're connected to.

Yeah and don't you hate saying the same **** two and three times? I told all three kids do NOT be out in public walking around with BOTH ears blocked off. That just makes you a free pick for any and every **** bag criminal. I am TRYING to find another plain old Bluetooth for one ear like Plantronics and Motorola made years ago. I hate holding the phone to my head and got used to having it until my most recent phones. No matter what I did I could hear the other person but they couldn't hear me. So I got hung up on a lot. And as you can imagine I stomped out more than one Bluetooth in recent years.
But yeah, earbuds are almost as big of a problem today as the smart phones they're connected to.
I hardly ever talk on the phone anymore. But I dang sure stay in trouble for getting on ODT . Women lol.

I don`t keep my phone on all the time. I don`t always keep it with me. During hunting season I go out of town a lot, for several days. I don`t miss the laptop one bit. This is the only social media I use except for the Allatoona fishing report on wife`s FB. I can do without this site,also, even though I enjoy it most of the time. I`ve only been back on it for a year or so, after not signing in on here for two years and four months. I got tired of it. I only got back on to sell a gun or two. I refuse to be a slave to a phone or a computer.

I don`t keep my phone on all the time. I don`t always keep it with me. During hunting season I go out of town a lot, for several days. I don`t miss the laptop one bit. This is the only social media I use except for the Allatoona fishing report on wife`s FB. I can do without this site,also, even though I enjoy it most of the time. I`ve only been back on it for a year or so, after not signing in on here for two years and four months. I got tired of it. I only got back on to sell a gun or two. I refuse to be a slave to a phone or a computer.
I keep saying when I sell XYZ here and when I sell this and that there I’m gonna log off.
Currently Facebook is gone when I sell my jeep and buy a boat. I’ll keep it up because my wife and kids tag me when they are selling stuff and baked goods for exposure.
The odt is when I unload a few Glocks none of which I’ve listed yet. Argh I have no will power. I would be happy to just come here and Facebook from an iPad which would be at night. I find myself on my phone and computer at work without giving it thought

I do not have any social media presence beyond ODT. Someone answered what do you do with your time with fishing. I’ll second that and add spend quality time with my wife and two kids. Unplugged and enjoying nature.

I do not have any social media presence beyond ODT. Someone answered what do you do with your time with fishing. I’ll second that and add spend quality time with my wife and two kids. Unplugged and enjoying nature.
That’s what I want. I tell myself I’m doing a great job because i only work 40 hours a week and i come straight home and don’t get drunk every night. In reality I come home to sit and stare at my device while my family stares at their device and we eat dinner shower sleep repeat

Back
Top Bottom