• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could you turn off your phone and walk away from the internet

I’d kill every earbud in the world if I could. My wife started earbudding about a year ago and now (5mins ago matter of fact) I have to hear bull all the time cause “Are you listening to me??” ; I’m like “Heck, I thought you were talking on the buds” and how dare I start talking like a normal husband does when her podCast is on.. she don’t hear nothing. I’m starting to get used to it now and I think that pisses her off too lol. Idk?? getting to idc haha.
I don’t know how many times I have walked up to someone at a worksite who is just standing there, I think. I ask a question and then I get an annoyed look before “hang on, some guy is trying to talk to me” and I realize they’re on a phone call. :D

Maybe a little different direction . . .

It used to be very common to stopover at a friend or neighbor’s house unannounced. Maybe you go inside and sit on the couch, maybe just in the yard or on the porch. I think that’s probably bad etiquette today for many, but I still don’t mind. I wonder if we’ll get to the point someone will hear a line in an old movie like “I was in the neighborhood so I decided to stop by and say ‘hello’” and the viewer will need an explanation for the strange behavior.

Another change of etiquette that is, to me, a little strange is that many people consider it rude to call someone without first sending a text message.

We’re kind of screening our lives via smartphone and curbing more direct interaction.

Honestly, if I had no phone or internet, I wouldn't have a job. I do long for simpler times though. But as of right now, if we have an outage I can't work and I don't make money.

remember when you could get an UNLISTED number......
took my home line out several years ago...could not take the CONSTANT political calls....it's now getting just as bad on my cell phone....I block 2-3 numbers a day....texts are now worse than calls...

remember when you could get an UNLISTED number......
took my home line out several years ago...could not take the CONSTANT political calls....it's now getting just as bad on my cell phone....I block 2-3 numbers a day....texts are now worse than calls...
I always read about that stuff here but I never get political calls. Not sure why some of you get so many and I get zero.

Back
Top Bottom