• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home internet / WiFi hotspots - 4G Community

I have this router: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FB45SI4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yes, you can buy a cheaper router, but Asus firmware is really easy to use for non-techy and quality of the build is very good.
Remember that directable External antennas are always better than build in antennas.

Each of the devices on the network needs to have an address. That's what router/DHCP server does, assigns addresses. If you have 2 DHCP servers on the same network, signal will take longer to travel.

With Asus as Access Point (AP), your ATT hot spot talks to the cell towers and assigns network addresses. Asus handles Wireless traffic, using addresses issued by ATT hot spot. It is much more stable and designed to be up 100% of the time.
So to dummy it down for me lol , Can I just take a Ethernet cable and plug into my hotspot now and plug into the router you have and be good to go? Or do I have to do a bunch of re configuring?

You will need change setting on the Asus to Access point and set up a wireless network (name and password, you can use the same as printed on your hot spot).
It is not difficult at all.
It is not needed to have an external Access point. I have a brick house, and ATT signal did not reach outside.
Now I can sit under my grapevines, read ODT and drink home made wine. :D

You will need change setting on the Asus to Access point and set up a wireless network (name and password, you can use the same as printed on your hot spot).
It is not difficult at all.
It is not needed to have an external Access point. I have a brick house, and ATT signal did not reach outside.
Now I can sit under my grapevines, read ODT and drink home made wine. :D
Thank you bud! I may have to give this a try! Very helpful info.

Enjoy your wine. :very_drunk:.

Att may have a working cell around Buckhead (morgan county ) for the Rural Internet program they took tax dollars to develop. It was mentioned here way on back. Enter zip code 30625. 160 gig cap, $60 a month. That is all I have been able to dig up, except rumors of some in Texas

Back
Top Bottom