• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home internet / WiFi hotspots - 4G Community

I went to AT&T yesterday and picked up one of there hotspots for $45 and it works
just like adding another line to your phones. It is $20 a month and I’m getting crazy good
Speeds so far. I’m really excited about this and hopes it continues to do good.
Last night when I first got it home I was getting 7.54 download and 4 upload .
This morning I’m getting 24.5 download and 7 upload. For the money these speeds are excellent for me. I’m pulling these speeds with just 2 out of 4 bars on the hotspot.

So for some of you who have better AT&T services at their house then I do , your speeds should be even better.

Sounds really good. Did you already have ATT or is this new service? Good speeds and a good price.
Yea sir already had AT&T and if I understood him correctly he said I wouldn’t have to worry about data limits or throttling back since we just upgraded to the unlimited plan

7A605C20-D247-4A57-A97C-CE67105B13D9.jpeg
68FB4729-CD0B-411B-B3BF-A768E91B10D5.jpeg
Here’s my box

If yo find that Wi-Fi signal from the ATT is too low, pick up the Asus Wi-Fi router, connect it to the hot spot via Ethernet cable, change settings on it to the Access Point from the router, turn off the radio on the ATT hot spot and you are set.
I did the same with ATT UVerse modem. ATT had no WiFi signal outside. Asus gives good signal several hundred feet outside, in the back yard.

If yo find that Wi-Fi signal from the ATT is too low, pick up the Asus Wi-Fi router, connect it to the hot spot via Ethernet cable, change settings on it to the Access Point from the router, turn off the radio on the ATT hot spot and you are set.
I did the same with ATT UVerse modem. ATT had no WiFi signal outside. Asus gives good signal several hundred feet outside, in the back yard.
I'm not too savvy when it comes to this stuff but what you're suggesting seems pretty simple. I may have to give it a try. How much did you pay for the Asus router?

I have this router: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FB45SI4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yes, you can buy a cheaper router, but Asus firmware is really easy to use for non-techy and quality of the build is very good.
Remember that directable External antennas are always better than build in antennas.

Each of the devices on the network needs to have an address. That's what router/DHCP server does, assigns addresses. If you have 2 DHCP servers on the same network, signal will take longer to travel.

With Asus as Access Point (AP), your ATT hot spot talks to the cell towers and assigns network addresses. Asus handles Wireless traffic, using addresses issued by ATT hot spot. It is much more stable and designed to be up 100% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom