• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home internet / WiFi hotspots - 4G Community

Got the R910 mobile hot spot from Calyx just now. 12 MBPS down load during a peak user time. That's 10-12+X as fast as my AT&T DSL.

So how do I get the 4G hot spot to work with this Calyx hot spot and have two hot spots?

Hope this helps. Easy and it worked for me. Let me know if I can help:

For the ZTE pocket WiFi, all you really will need to do is change the network name from 4GCommunity to your new Calyx network name and change the password to your Calyx password. You will only need to change the 2.4 connection. You can leave the 5 connection alone as you will not be using it.

This link will walk you through the setup:
https://support.sprint.com/support/.../WScenario_542_55996_771_en_130-dvc8540015prd

Initial set up and first use - Sprint Pocket WiFi
  1. When the device starts up, tap the Lock icon to unlock the device.

2. The Hands Free Activation process will begin automatically.

Once the Hands Free Activation screen appears, tap OK.

The device will restart.

3. From the home screen, tap Wi-Fi.

Note: Sprint requires a separate Mobile Hotspot service plan in order to use this device as a mobile hotspot.

4. The Main Wi-Fi and Main Wi-Fi Password will be displayed and can be configured.

Users will need this information to connect to the Wi-Fi network.

Click Next to continue.

5. To set the number of allowed connections, scroll to and tap Max Wi-Fi Devices.

6. Tap the Left or Right arrow icons to set the preferred number of connections to allow at one time.

Once finished, tap the Back key twice.

7. Tap Connection to turn the feature ON
You are probably familiar with this site also: http://myhotspot/index.html#login

The password is password. Original, right?

This is where under settings/basic you will change the authentication and encryption values to WPA2 and AES. .Save these changes.

Then go to settings/advanced and at 802.11 mode change this to G or N only (G works best for me). Then change the channel to 6, which works best for me. Save these changes.

Do this for both routers. You will need to sign in to myhotspot for each device as the site reads you specific device.

The above set up My 4GCommunity hotspot to Calyx and optimized my hotspots for me. Make sure you note the original settings before you change anything so you can restore it if you need to.

I am not a geek and can guarantee nothing, but the above worked for me and improved my MBS values from 2 to 3mbs to 5 to 8mbs.

Instead of reviving the other thread, can anyone update their thoughts or other options for home internet providers in more rural areas. Where I'm at, it's just Windstream as far as I know. They are suppose to come out today for the 4th time in probably 6 months. I feel like it's futile, but we are paying them.

Apologies in advance if I'm misunderstanding your post.

I live out in the country and have 2 options for internet, satellite or nothing. Of the two, I chose satellite. I've been using Exede for about a year now and I'm generally happy with it. There's a data cap of 150 GB per month which is enough for me. I am able to watch Netflix and that sort of thing without problem. Live streaming services such as trying to watch a football game via Sling don't seem to work though. It's relatively expensive and during rainy weather the signal dies. I don't think video games would be an option though I have never tried. Overall, I'm satisfied with Exede and find satellite internet is a small price to pay to be able to live where I want.

Back
Top Bottom