• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

Considering it’s front-wheel drive unibody, I’d think they could put huge hidden storage in the deck, like Ridgeline, without increasing costs
You can get awd with the turbo engine. My wife’s car has the 2.0 awd. Prob only good for 20mpg downhill.

Reviews for the new Maverick have been over-the-moon good.

One reviewer got 43mpg with the hybrid powertrain in a 50 mile mixed city/highway test drive. The truck is rated for 1500 pounds cargo in the bed, and it apparently drives really well, with either powertrain, carrying the max load. Several reviews reported towing with either powertrain (hybrid 2000lbs, ecoboost 4000lbs) was also excellent. The cargo bed has all kinds of customization possibilities, and Ford has QR codes in the bed that will land you on project sites for making your own bed accessories.

And everybody is raving about the price.

I think Ford hit this one out of the park. If they can catch up with demand (long wait times right now, no inventory around), and not screw up the quality, they are going to sell a LOT of these. The base model, with the silly low price, will become the standard for any trade or business that traditionally used small pickups for its fleet. And I think you'll see a lot of these in suburban neighborhoods.

Ive been stewing the cheap one as a spare daily. Its either that or another superduty but with the longbed. Lol apples to oranges but 80k vs 20k and 20mpg to 40mpg.

Call it what you like.

I call it useful and very economical. Lots of things I could get done with that while using 1/3rd the fuel of my old Ram 1500.

Call it what you like.

I call it useful and very economical. Lots of things I could get done with that while using 1/3rd the fuel of my old Ram 1500.

I agree, but it they could have installed new engines in the older Ranger pickups the Maverick would have never been needed.

Back
Top Bottom