• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Maverick Pickup

Shoot, those are as big as full sized trucks were 20 years ago. I'm talking a truly compact truck for someone that doesn't need a massive amount of towing or hauling ability, but still wants a truck.

I guess those folks are out there but I figure youd see more of the Honda accord looking truck if there was a pent up demand. I wish they would bring back the Avalanche. Buddy just bought an old 2003 and that thing is perfect for hunting and fishing and shooting trips with the lockable storage.

I guess those folks are out there but I figure youd see more of the Honda accord looking truck if there was a pent up demand. I wish they would bring back the Avalanche. Buddy just bought an old 2003 and that thing is perfect for hunting and fishing and shooting trips with the lockable storage.
Something along the lines of the old Rangers and S10's from the 80's and 90's is what I'm thinking. They sold like hotcakes, and weren't as feminine looking as a scaled down Honda Ridgline.

Sorry, but it looks like a rattle-can through a fishnet stocking...JMHO.

Now that thing is something Johnny Appleseed would be proud to drive and haul his girlfriend Miss Peggy around in.
yuall taking muh mind off th dang trucks and putting it in th gutter, now I'm seeing Miss Peggy, in the fishnets, in the back of that spotted mini truck, quite a sight indeedy..

Still have mine bought new in September '01 when they first hit the lots. Hope it runs forever. No repairs of note to date. They won't bring it back as sales were horrible. Worst marketing job ever! Every time I drop the mid gate to load my kayak someone always comments, "I didn't know they did that, cool." :doh:
8 foot ENCLOSED bed with cab access. Camped in it many times. Lockable sides (which at least Ram has incorporated) stays full of essentials. Like you mention, perfect if you are the hunting/fishing/shooting/outdoor type.
If you can find a low mileage later model, the price is through the roof.

Still have mine bought new in September '01 when they first hit the lots. Hope it runs forever. No repairs of note to date. They won't bring it back as sales were horrible. Worst marketing job ever! Every time I drop the mid gate to load my kayak someone always comments, "I didn't know they did that, cool." :doh:
8 foot ENCLOSED bed with cab access. Camped in it many times. Lockable sides (which at least Ram has incorporated) stays full of essentials. Like you mention, perfect if you are the hunting/fishing/shooting/outdoor type, its perfect.
If you can find a low mileage later model, the price is through the roof.

Yeah, I have a 2004 Yukon XL (Suburban equivalent) Same frame and powertrain but I'd trade it in a minute for that bed and side storage the Avalanche has.

Back
Top Bottom