Ford Maverick Pickup

Soon as the cars come back to the lots (i aint paying no "market adjustment" markup bs price) i hope to get one. they are super comfortable and all the truck i really need. i was looking at downsizing to a ranger from my f150, but the mavericks have more interior room. im 6 foot 3 300lbs and the mavericks are super comfortable with plenty of headroom. and with the awd 4k tow package, it will do all i need it to. hopefully my f150 keeps enough trade value when they become widely available.

btw, its waaaayyyyy more comfortable than the santa cruz.

only thing i want more than a maverick would be a base 2dr bronco with a manual lol.

The maverick is a slam dunk success for Ford.
Ordered were closed for awhile and not being reopened until August 16.
I should get mine in May/June. Keep y'all posted if it comes in. Great bang for the buck for a local grocery / estimate vehicle. For the price and MPG you can't beat it.

I also have a Ram 3500 dually diesel and 22 f150. Those are real trucks, but the maverick is perfect for around town because it is EASY to park. Try parking a dually around Suwanee. Yeah, doesn't happen.

Remember fellas, 95% of the truck buyers out there never really USE their truck. They throw some pine straw in the back from Home Depot and think they are working the truck. Or towing their 1500 lb jon boat around. AGain the great majority of truck owners use for commuting, not working.

We have ALL seen countless f250 diesels lifted w/mud tires that are pavement queens. never seen a dirt road. and haven't towed or hauled anything.

I think Ford is thinking about adding a lift package on the Maverick. Kinda like the tremor package on the Ranger. I think they will do it but it will probably be a year away

They need a manual transmission in these, maybe when they produce a performance model.

sadly the days of the manual transmission are behind us. I experienced this several years ago when looking to get some work done on a manual transmission vehicle. I couldn't find anyone to work on the thing. I love a stick, but can't see myself ever buying another one due to that one event.

Looks like a “Honda Ridgeline” and just as useful.

My Ridgeline works just fine... Got me home in under 3 hours during the Snowpocalype when I saw a lot of 'real' pickups sitting in ditches.

I don't work construction or anything that needs a full size pickup, and most of my driving used to be commuting, so it fits the bill. The bed is fine for Home Depot runs or trips to the dump, and it cost me about half what they wanted for a Tacoma when I bought it brand new back in '14.

And lets see you store your range bag out of sight in an F-150 or RAM. Nope, didn't think so.

My Ridgeline works just fine... Got me home in under 3 hours during the Snowpocalype when I saw a lot of 'real' pickups sitting in ditches.

I don't work construction or anything that needs a full size pickup, and most of my driving used to be commuting, so it fits the bill. The bed is fine for Home Depot runs or trips to the dump, and it cost me about half what they wanted for a Tacoma when I bought it brand new back in '14.

And lets see you store your range bag out of sight in an F-150 or RAM. Nope, didn't think so.
A Ridgeline isn't a real truck but it's probably exponentially more practical for most people. A Ridgeline doesn't cost half what a Tacoma costs these days. It costs more. It's a great choice for many folks though.

Back
Top Bottom