• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry at the GA National Fair

This is what I hate about the "carrying laws." In my opinion, if you are going to carry, be legal by knowing 100 percent that you are; don't guess. And on top of that, if you are carrying, get a good concealable holster, this way no one knows you even have it.

I agree that's why I'm trying to educate you. Heck you can openly carry at Stone Mountain Park. But by all means carry as you choose.

Do you have that law by any chance.

These laws change all the time but it was my understanding a military member may possess a firearm while in the commission of his official duties.

16-11-130 I believe is the Georgia code. Basically says certain people are exempt from all the carry laws stated prior to 130...those people include state or federal military.

This is what I hate about the "carrying laws." In my opinion, if you are going to carry, be legal by knowing 100 percent that you are; don't guess. And on top of that, if you are carrying, get a good concealable holster, this way no one knows you even have it. Going to jail over carrying when you don't know you if you can is not worth it, but then again neither is not having a firearm when you need it. My OPINION is stay away from areas where you feel you need it. The best defense is a good offense and game plan!

What's frustrating is that even the cops don't know the law 100%...but if they screw up and get it wrong, the only person that suffers is the lawful carrier wrongfully arrested or prosecuted. If the lawfully intentioned carrier gets it wrong, again, they're the ones that suffer.

What's frustrating is that even the cops don't know the law 100%...but if they screw up and get it wrong, the only person that suffers is the lawful carrier wrongfully arrested or prosecuted. If the lawfully intentioned carrier gets it wrong, again, they're the ones that suffer.

But if their rights are violated they can sue.

Back
Top Bottom