• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry at the GA National Fair

I have looked around and it appears that Madison County owns the fairgrounds. If so they cannot restrict carry of firearms in any way. They were wrong to make you disarm. If I were you I would contact the agency that stopped you and ask that they bone up on the GA gun laws.

I'm not sure if it is county owned but I'll find out. And that's a good idea to call them and let them know cause its not right for them to disarm someone legally carrying. I prob could've pushed the point but I didn't want to cause an issue at the time with my girlfriend and son. Another thing is that I had it open carry, not concealed, and that's legal without a permit from what I've heard is that right?

I'm not sure if it is county owned but I'll find out. And that's a good idea to call them and let them know cause its not right for them to disarm someone legally carrying. I prob could've pushed the point but I didn't want to cause an issue at the time with my girlfriend and son. Another thing is that I had it open carry, not concealed, and that's legal without a permit from what I've heard is that right?

No that's incorrect. To carry a handgun in GA (open or concealed) you must possess a GWL(Georgia Weapons License).

So it's good you didn't push it.

actually, stone mountain is a state park....and it is illegal to carry there as well!

To all who want to know local and state laws, check with your local police department...and don't go by what people say! most answers you will get are just what people THINK, and do not KNOW!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom