• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shootout with the BATFE in AR

I am retired LEO and if I was tasked with arresting and searching g this guys house I would have went to his office at airport and arrested him with no fuss and returned to his house to execute the Search Warrant unless there was something In play here i don't know about . Safer for my men , safer for his family as well as him .
There is no more dangerous place to confront an armed person than his house where he has a tactical advantage over you .
I don't think they had an arrest warrant just the search warrant. But they totally could have executed the search warrant after he left and went to work.

I feel certain that, if the methods are questioned, they will fall back on "He was known to be a gun owner and had several weapons in the home." Sadly, that same statement, if allowed as justification for the forced entry, could be used on just about everyone that visits the ODT, especially if you have NFA weapons on file.

I feel certain that, if the methods are questioned, they will fall back on "He was known to be a gun owner and had several weapons in the home." Sadly, that same statement, if allowed as justification for the forced entry, especially if you have NFA weapons on file.

The objective is not to search or arrest - the objective is to brutally murder the man and any of his family friends or acquaintances in broad daylight with impunity (it is also effective intimidation.)

Many times the agents involved are so concerned about how they don't question why - not the case here.

The violation is not on a community but on all citizens and the constitution. The first amendment (as with all the others) is only valid when it can be defended.

This is murder plain and simple.

The crime is home invasion and murder and is encouraged committed then condoned by a Militarized Federal Law Enforcement Agency against political opposition.

To be fair, it looks like the ATF had a pretty good case against this guy.

They mention at least 6 of the guns he sold at gun shows ended up at crime scenes almost immediately, and that some guns were bought (at FFL) and sold (at gun show) within 24 hours.

Even under the old laws they would probably have had him being 'engaged in the business', and it definitely does nowadays, since no one bothered to read the fine print in the 'safer communities' act passed a while ago.

Still, there was absolutely no reason for the warrant to be executed the way it was. If this was local PD there might be some recourse, but we all know the ATF can't be held accountable for anything it does.

I know if someone kicks down my door at any time of day they will be met with a load of buckshot, I don't care if they are yelling 'police' or not. There's way too many cases of fake cops out there doing home invasions.
Yep, bad guys know all about this ploy and try to use it often, sometimes with success (cooperation by the victims, rather than armed resistance to the home invaders falsely claiming to be cops/ federal agents).

Back
Top Bottom