• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The dreaded search and seizure

Other words gov/mint just wanted steal ole man’s stuff and make big deal out so they could Can really look like hot stuff .crime fighters.
who do u know that u can trust? your president, your governor, your senator, your schoolteacher, your preacher no no, absolutely not no no way.

I'd have died on that hill and took some with me.
When I lived in SF that was my mindset. They'd get my firearms and ammo but they all wouldn't be sitting around the donut shop afterwards slapping each other on the back congratulating themselves on "getting the perp." There'd be more than a few in body bags at the morgue waiting to be paraded as "heroes" as the bagpipes played.

OP's article said that probation officers were among the agents conducting the raid, so if this guy were on probation

I don't think he legally owned any of these firearms , and I really doubt he was a 90 year old man living for most of the last decade in a nursing home.

OP's article said that probation officers were among the agents conducting the raid, so if this guy were on probation

I don't think he legally owned any of these firearms , and I really doubt he was a 90 year old man living for most of the last decade in a nursing home.

Look up the court documents, as an attorney you have more access than the rest of us.
Isn’t it odd how there’s no name given and no poster of the accused.

But it is just speculation on your part. Probation officers in many states are reserve deputies and part time police officers. I have no reason to believe that he wasn't 90 and in a nursing home. Government just pandering to their base.

I read this on another gun board and have no idea if there is any truth to it or not, but it is interesting:

My friend is a local FFL that does contract work for the Police Department and Sheriff's Department where this happened and he gave me some background to this case a few days ago. The man who this stuff belonged to is in his 90s and a relative of his had to obtain legal guardianship over the man because he is suffering from advanced dementia which is why he is no longer legally allowed to possess firearms. The man has not lived in the house where his collection was stored for the better part of 6 years because he's living in a nursing home. The majority of the firearms have been owned for more than 40 years well before they were ever regulated in California and the man has possessed a special federal firearms license called a Curios and Relic license for the better part of 60 years that allowed him under California law to possess machine guns. The actual machine guns that were in the man's possession are ones that are legally owned and are registered with the NFA and the tax has been paid on them. The authorities have been well aware of what was in his possession because he registered them with the state when they required it. They're simply pretending like this man is a criminal once they found out he was no longer mentally fit to possess the firearms and gleefully seized his collection.
This make's more sense ........... They love to play the spin doctor..........hmmm I wonder if he is my long lost grandfather? I need to check into this.

If he was 90 and in a nursing home, dont you think his family would have taken possession of his "assets" and started liquidating them? Or have someone do it for them? Seems strange if the 90 year old man part of the story is true.

Back
Top Bottom