• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry at the GA National Fair

uploadfromtaptalk1349437047053.jpg

This was the only signage I saw regarding firearms. No wanding, checking bags, or checking people.

Last edited:
Scare tactic. They have no grounds to be calling 16-11-127, which states where gwl holders are not allowed to carry. Maybe they are trying to claim they are a government building (which isn't true).

However, if there are free standing building there and they belong to state agriculture, they may make claim to gov building, but their offices would have to be in the building.

Last edited:
Scare tactic. They have no grounds to be calling 16-11-127, which states where gwl holders are not allowed to carry. Maybe they are trying to claim they are a government building (which isn't true).

However, if there are free standing building there and they belong to state agriculture, they may make claim to gov building, but their offices would have to be in the building.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It didn't detour me from anything.

I carried at the North Ga State Fair. They had the exact same sign with Cops at the gates. When we walked through they checked my wifes bag (of which she had removed her LC9) but they said nothing to me as I passed right by with my Glock in my waistband. The law does not cover them anymore because you are allowed to carry in parks now. They are old signs from when it actually was part of the law. It is just to scare unknowing people from carrying because they can't check every single person. However YMMV because if they catch you they probably will ask you to leave.

I was stopped and questioned about mine after it was spotted by a LEO, showed him my permit and he said they weren't allowed but there were no signs. Luckily one of my buddies was working, he's also a LEO, and he just walked me to my truck so I could put it in there. I guess next time I'll just carry IWB so they can't see it. This was a local fair though and I thought it was bs but I didn't want to cause a conflict

Back
Top Bottom