• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry at the GA National Fair

Yes, it is legal to carry with a GWL as long as there are no signs posted as you walk in. If they have signs posted that you cannot carry a firearm, you will be asked to leave if causght.

Anyone know for sure? I know the "general gathering" clause was removed from the CCW laws, so I'm assuming we are legal to carry at the fair?

That's what I was thinking, but never hurts to double check. This is my first year carrying so I have never noticed if they have any signs posted with "no firearms allowed". Anybody noticed if they have in past years?

I've never noticed any signs... haven't carried there before either. Last year, some of those crowds made me a little anxious. Once we were home, my wife commented that she was scared a few times.

Last year, I had a backpack with me (mostly to carry all the things little kids need) but no one asked to search it as we went in.

Yes, it is legal to carry with a GWL as long as there are no signs posted as you walk in. If they have signs posted that you cannot carry a firearm, you will be asked to leave if causght.

Even if there are signs, it's still legal. They can ask you to leave, as they do have private property rights. If you refuse, it's not a firearms violation, but rather a trespassing issue.

Now, one might reasonably ask if the state fair enjoys private property rights. I don't know the answer to that. Is it a privately run event on private land? Or a public event on public land? Some combination of the two? If its a public event and/or public land, I don't think it qualifies as one of the specific off limits places.

IANAL

Take your gun. Even if there are 'no weapon signs' keep it concealed on your body. If they are wanding people to check for weapons, then leave it in your car.

Back
Top Bottom