• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fired for conceal carry at work ( for a friend)

brad sweet

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
146   0
Reaction score
Question to the Gun Law lawyers. What if any recourse would my friend who was conceal carrying at work O Riley’s in a bad part of town have for is rights to self defense? I don’t have all the details as of yet, but issues maybe with company policy and or the sign on the door. Curious for the info.

Isn't GA a "at will" state? They can release your friend because they don't like the way he ties his shoes.

In Georgia, employees are presumed to be "at-will," and their employment may be terminated for any reason, at any time, with or without cause, as long as the reason is not specifically prohibited by law. This presumption is codified at O.C.G.A.

Not a lawyer here. But, I would bet they have grounds under company policy. Some line in there no employee can possess a weapon on their person while on premise or during hours... something like that.
I got fired from Auto Zone way back in 91 for having a gun in my old Beetle. Meanwhile the girl that went on to become manager had one in her purse INSIDE the store. And believe me Pio Nono at Anthony Rd was NEVER a good part of town even back then.

Isn't GA a "at will" state? They can release your friend because they don't like the way he ties his shoes.

In Georgia, employees are presumed to be "at-will," and their employment may be terminated for any reason, at any time, with or without cause, as long as the reason is not specifically prohibited by law. This presumption is codified at O.C.G.A.
Yeah that's the other side of the coin. At Will work states CAN and often abuse that statute and it does suck. But the only other option is to be a union state. I would much rather take my chances with management or corporate BS than with union officials AKA Crooks.

Yeah that's the other side of the coin. At Will work states CAN and often abuse that statute and it does suck. But the only other option is to be a union state. I would much rather take my chances with management or corporate BS than with union officials AKA Crooks.
IMG_7597.gif

Back
Top Bottom