• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

18yo to buy a pistol? Riiiiiiight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t we old people with a clean record get in trouble for selling a handgun to an 18 year old? One of my former hunting club former buddies got in trouble for giving a handgun to his brother-in-law who was over 21. The former buddy knew his bro-in-law had been denied when tryin to do it the right way. An 18 yr old would surely be denied if he tried to do it the right way. Anyway, I’m all for learning about this
not really a right way. just a perfectly legal way. we can get into the laws(rules imposed with threat of punishment) but it allowed. the 18 yo cant buy from a ffl, but private is ok. but it all depends on you and your feelings... i know plenty of people i would not sell to. not because its illegal for them to own, but just because of who they are...

Can’t we old people with a clean record get in trouble for selling a handgun to an 18 year old? One of my former hunting club former buddies got in trouble for giving a handgun to his brother-in-law who was over 21. The former buddy knew his bro-in-law had been denied when tryin to do it the right way. An 18 yr old would surely be denied if he tried to do it the right way. Anyway, I’m all for learning about this
The transfer to a prohibited person is what got him in trouble.

Yes, a prohibited person. An 18 yr old would be prohibited during the NICS call. This is all educational but confusing. I think it’s time we all have a shot of Likka
But NICS is only required for an FFL transfer. Not a private sale. That’s the disconnect…

Private sell of a handgun is no different if the buyer is 18 or 80.

If they are a ga resident, you have no reason to believe they're a felon or otherwise prohibited from owning guns, and you're truly just selling your private firearm and not running a firearms selling business then 18 to 88 doesn't matter. 18 isn't a minor.

Which the antis are frothing over to make an example out of someone when a state law allows more freedom than a fed law so they can fix the “disconnect”.
So your logic is to not exercise a right, because someone might try to use that against you in the future?

Wow. With that logic on our side… we can’t lose. 🤣

Which the antis are frothing over to make an example out of someone when a state law allows more freedom than a fed law so they can fix the “disconnect”.
The only thing here that the "antis" would be frothing over is fudds wanting to restrict gun rights beyond what the current law is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom