• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fired for conceal carry at work ( for a friend)

Had an HVAC tech come to my home 3-4-5 months ago. He started down stairs to the basement and I said “you’re printing bro”. He looked back and said sorry, I’ll put in the van. I told him no problem here just be careful cause it’s pretty obvious. 92fs small of the back shows with a tucked shirt.

This is exactly right… your friend can get unemployment temporarily until he secures a quick job.

Autozone will probably take him tomorrow
I could be wrong but if said employee was fired for carrying against company policy then that means it was HIS FAULT for being fired . And that's THE major disqualifying factor for unemployment. Yes, I agree 110% that it sucks donkey nuts but that's how the (rigged) game is played.

Had an HVAC tech come to my home 3-4-5 months ago. He started down stairs to the basement and I said “you’re printing bro”. He looked back and said sorry, I’ll put in the van. I told him no problem here just be careful cause it’s pretty obvious. 92fs small of the back shows with a tucked shirt.
92fs, old school army vet? Not exactly my EDC, although I have one...

With one narrowly drawn exception for certain secured parking areas (and even a violation can only be enforced by the attorney general's office not by the fired employee)...

...the general rule here applies:

employment at will.

The employee can quit at any time and the employer can't sue him for walking off the job.

The employer can fire the employee at any time, for just about any reason that is not specifically prohibited by federal antidiscrimination laws, and can do so without notice.

The fired employee has no recourse in a court of law, not to demand his job back, demand severance pay etc.

(Not unless there was an employment contract and it said some thing about
"we can only fire you for certain reasons" and breaking the company's policy about weapons on the worksite isn't one of them.)

92fs, old school army vet? Not exactly my EDC, although I have one...
Didn’t ask.. he was mid 50’s I’d guess. We shot the s**t a bit while he was doing his job that’s how the weapon specs came out. He said he’d never been called out on it before and always packed cause …he could. He said his employer had no rules against it. I enjoy seeing someone practice that right.

I got fired from Auto Zone way back in 91 for having a gun in my old Beetle. Meanwhile the girl that went on to become manager had one in her purse INSIDE the store. And believe me Pio Nono at Anthony Rd was NEVER a good part of town even back then.
That pretty’s simple she got that thing most men want ( You didn’t ) my question how they know had weapon in your car.

Back
Top Bottom