• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry at the GA National Fair

jason.bellini

Here is the current Georgia Code for carry in State Parks and other locations. Inform your LEO buddies for us would you. Thanks.

http://georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?title=16&chapter=11&section=126

You are right. I've spent a lot of time recently ensuring I was in compliance with the law before deciding to carry regularly with a GWL. gacarry.org is an excellent resource and to read the actual law record, follow link to the lexis-nexus site. . I am ignoring open carry.

There are very few places where you can not legally concealed carry TODAY with a CWP, following recent legislation. Some include
-churches
-bars without express permission and signage
-Inside of schools,all of them including colleges
-govt buildings, where government business takes place. My opinion: Inside state park buildings like a gift shop, where Actual business takes place is a no carry spot.
-polling places
-courthouses
-nuclear power plants
-federal no weapons spots like inside of secure areas of airports

Any signage beyond those prohibited by law DO Not carry the force of law and mean nothing. I personally feel I should honor the request of a private property owner, but I'm under no legal obligation to do so just because they put up a sign If an owner asks you to leave, it's a property rights issue, not a weapons issue, and their right as a property owner. We should absolutely respect their property rights. Otherwise, we are trespassing. We can't pick and choose which rights we stand behind and which we ignore.

No local municipality or county or authority (MARTA) can make a law that supersedes state law and GCO has sued and won many of these cases, including Stone Mountain.

So, to answer the question, Yes you can carry in a state park, to a state fair with the caution that you better be careful to avoid going inside buildings where govt business takes place.

I encourage ALL to read and understand the law. It might take a couple hours of your life, but it's pretty simple on georgiacarry.org and pretty clear, most of the time. It is as important as proficiency with a weapon and a responsibility of those who responsibly carry. IF you don't know if you are legal, I would argue you are not responsibly carrying.

You are right. I've spent a lot of time recently ensuring I was in compliance with the law before deciding to carry regularly with a GWL. gacarry.org is an excellent resource and to read the actual law record, follow link to the lexis-nexus site. . I am ignoring open carry.

There are very few places where you can not legally concealed carry TODAY with a CWP, following recent legislation. Some include
-churches
-bars without express permission and signage
-Inside of schools,all of them including colleges
-govt buildings, where government business takes place. My opinion: Inside state park buildings like a gift shop, where Actual business takes place is a no carry spot.
-polling places
-courthouses
-nuclear power plants
-federal no weapons spots like inside of secure areas of airports

Any signage beyond those prohibited by law DO Not carry the force of law and mean nothing. I personally feel I should honor the request of a private property owner, but I'm under no legal obligation to do so just because they put up a sign If an owner asks you to leave, it's a property rights issue, not a weapons issue, and their right as a property owner. We should absolutely respect their property rights. Otherwise, we are trespassing. We can't pick and choose which rights we stand behind and which we ignore.

No local municipality or county or authority (MARTA) can make a law that supersedes state law and GCO has sued and won many of these cases, including Stone Mountain.

So, to answer the question, Yes you can carry in a state park, to a state fair with the caution that you better be careful to avoid going inside buildings where govt business takes place.

I encourage ALL to read and understand the law. It might take a couple hours of your life, but it's pretty simple on georgiacarry.org and pretty clear, most of the time. It is as important as proficiency with a weapon and a responsibility of those who responsibly carry. IF you don't know if you are legal, I would argue you are not responsibly carrying.

I noticed you don't like Open carry but it's always been legal in GA. As for buildings in State Parks:
(g) Notwithstanding Code Sections 12-3-10, 27-3-1.1, 27-3-6, and 16-12-122 through 16-12-127, any person with a valid weapons carry license may carry a weapon in all parks, historic sites, or recreational areas, as such term is defined in Code Section 12-3-10, including all publicly owned buildings located in such parks, historic sites, and recreational areas, in wildlife management areas, and on public transportation; provided, however, that a person shall not carry a handgun into a place where it is prohibited by federal law.

http://www.gacarry.org/cms/ga-code-detail/?title=16&chapter=11&section=126

On carry in businesses that have a sign, do what I do...don't give them any business, but make sure they know why.

Back
Top Bottom