• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carry at the GA National Fair

actually, stone mountain is a state park....and it is illegal to carry there as well!

To all who want to know local and state laws, check with your local police department...and don't go by what people say! most answers you will get are just what people THINK, and do not KNOW!

sigh.....jason State Park carry was accomplished with HB89 in 2008...thanks GCO!

Stone Mountain refused as they are run by an outside vendor so GCO sued and won....thanks GCO!

You can carry at Stone Mountain.

The only State Parks off-limits are those on Corps of Engineers Property.

I will take a picture for everyone this saturday of stone mountains rules and regulations when i bring my kids there. It states very clearly,"NO WEAPONS ALLOWED." along with that, two officers sitting in my very living room right now state "all persons carrying or possessing any firearm in a state recognized park or gathering spot shall be arrested and prosecuted!" Like I said before, I will be at the park come Saturday and I will post a picture for all! I dont know what or who to believe on this subject as we all know officers are human as well and can be wrong. I personally would not take a chance carrying in a park but i will be the first to apologize if I am wrong. I think everyone should have the right to carry but at the same time, I know people who carry because they think its cool or they just want to look "bad ass" when in reality they are the ones who most likely dont know how to use there firearm or even when the proper time is to engage with it...if they even will....
AGAIN, I will take a picture of the sign at stone mountain Saturday so there are no confusions or arrests...

Last edited:
I will take a picture for everyone this saturday of stone mountains rules and regulations when i bring my kids there. It states very clearly,"NO WEAPONS ALLOWED." along with that, two officers sitting in my very living room right now state "all persons carrying or possessing any firearm in a state recognized park or gathering spot shall be arrested and prosecuted!" Like I said before, I will be at the park come Saturday and I will post a picture for all!

Good lord. The sign is old and carry's no weight as the law was changed. http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/category/action-items/stone-mountain-state-park-firearm-ban/

Carry on!

- - - Updated - - -

The Stone Mountain Memorial Association has repealed its ban on carrying firearms in Stone Mountain Park. Carrying with a GFL and car carry (even without a GFL) now are permitted. The former (interim) provision that requires notifying the police when carrying in the park also has been repealed. In recognition of these changes and in exchange for SMMA’s reimbursing GCO for GCO’s costs in its lawsuit in the case against SMMA, GCO has dismissed its case against SMMA. The text of the new ordinance may be viewed here.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/category/action-items/stone-mountain-state-park-firearm-ban/

I will take a picture for everyone this saturday of stone mountains rules and regulations when i bring my kids there. It states very clearly,"NO WEAPONS ALLOWED." along with that, two officers sitting in my very living room right now state "all persons carrying or possessing any firearm in a state recognized park or gathering spot shall be arrested and prosecuted!" Like I said before, I will be at the park come Saturday and I will post a picture for all!

A sign and someone(even an officer) saying it doesn't make it illegal. The law is what determines legality.

Please listen to Mountainpass on this. Not only is he correct, but has put in his fair share of time learning the laws and fighting for our rights in Ga.

This is what I hate about the "carrying laws." In my opinion, if you are going to carry, be legal by knowing 100 percent that you are; don't guess. And on top of that, if you are carrying, get a good concealable holster, this way no one knows you even have it. Going to jail over carrying when you don't know you if you can is not worth it, but then again neither is not having a firearm when you need it. My OPINION is stay away from areas where you feel you need it. The best defense is a good offense and game plan!

Back
Top Bottom