• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camping scare stories.

When I was a teenager I grew up in a quiet rural neighborhood. There was a large patch of woods behind my house that was bordered by 4 different roads. Imagine a rectangle of a couple thousand acres with houses all around the border.

No one that lived on the border owned what was behind it. The owners of the large tract lived in Florida. Myself and other neighborhood kids ventured out there cutting trails or sneaking into the lake that was down in there, even squirrel hunting from time to time.

When I was about 14 or so people all around the 4 roads that bordered the property kept having strange sightings of a middle aged guy in old camo fatigues somewhere on the property. The sightings rocked on, but nobody could get close to him, he'd slip off into the woods.

At first it was harmless, until someone down the road from me was squirrel hunting and dude was hiding in a leaf pile and jumped out screaming and chasing the kid. Police got involved but couldn't find the guy. We eventually named the guy Steve, have no idea who he really was, but it made it easy when talking to neighbors to say "you seen Steve lately?"

So over a period of time Steve starts breaking into cars, but not in the classical sense. He would organize and clean cars, or turn up radio volume and windshield wipers so when you cranked it, it would scare the crap out of you (happened to my mom). By the time I'm 16 this is still going on and one day I come home from work and am just running in to change shirts and go to the movies with some friends. I go in and literally 3 minutes later I'm back in my car only to find my radar detector taken down from the windshield and neatly had the cord wrapped around it and laid in my passenger seat.

My dad had a 2 story large barn type shop in the back yard with tall windows on the second story. One day my mom came home from the grocery store and on one of my trips to the trunk to unload, I got this overwhelming feeling of being watched. I turned around to see "Steve" standing in the upstairs window of the shop just watching me. I ran in and got my dad and in a flash we were up the stairs but he was nowhere to be found.

I have no idea what happened to Steve, but by the time I was 18 or so, nobody in the neighborhood saw him anymore. I still ask people that still live there if they ever see Steve anymore. Their response is always the same. Their eyes get big and they'll say something like "man that was crazy!"

The house we lived in up in IL right before we moved to GA had some strange things. Imagine a foot long 2x4 being dropped on a cement slab, basement floor. We heard this several time while sitting upstairs. Checking the basement, nothing on the floor to account for it.

My sons were young, 4 and 9, shared a bedroom and DEMANDED the bed be placed in front of the closet door. To keep out the "monsters". Described as a "scary clown".

I had already moved to GA and assumed my new job while wife and kids packed up to move down here. Neighbor kids came by the house and said "oh the ghosts are finally running you out".

When I was a teenager I grew up in a quiet rural neighborhood. There was a large patch of woods behind my house that was bordered by 4 different roads. Imagine a rectangle of a couple thousand acres with houses all around the border.

No one that lived on the border owned what was behind it. The owners of the large tract lived in Florida. Myself and other neighborhood kids ventured out there cutting trails or sneaking into the lake that was down in there, even squirrel hunting from time to time.

When I was about 14 or so people all around the 4 roads that bordered the property kept having strange sightings of a middle aged guy in old camo fatigues somewhere on the property. The sightings rocked on, but nobody could get close to him, he'd slip off into the woods.

At first it was harmless, until someone down the road from me was squirrel hunting and dude was hiding in a leaf pile and jumped out screaming and chasing the kid. Police got involved but couldn't find the guy. We eventually named the guy Steve, have no idea who he really was, but it made it easy when talking to neighbors to say "you seen Steve lately?"

So over a period of time Steve starts breaking into cars, but not in the classical sense. He would organize and clean cars, or turn up radio volume and windshield wipers so when you cranked it, it would scare the crap out of you (happened to my mom). By the time I'm 16 this is still going on and one day I come home from work and am just running in to change shirts and go to the movies with some friends. I go in and literally 3 minutes later I'm back in my car only to find my radar detector taken down from the windshield and neatly had the cord wrapped around it and laid in my passenger seat.

My dad had a 2 story large barn type shop in the back yard with tall windows on the second story. One day my mom came home from the grocery store and on one of my trips to the trunk to unload, I got this overwhelming feeling of being watched. I turned around to see "Steve" standing in the upstairs window of the shop just watching me. I ran in and got my dad and in a flash we were up the stairs but he was nowhere to be found.

I have no idea what happened to Steve, but by the time I was 18 or so, nobody in the neighborhood saw him anymore. I still ask people that still live there if they ever see Steve anymore. Their response is always the same. Their eyes get big and they'll say something like "man that was crazy!"
probably died in them woods bro.

Back
Top Bottom