• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) scare you?

Does Artificial Intelligence (AI) scare you?

• No not at all - many good benefits coming

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Yes - I'm kinda worried at where it could end up

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Yes - already scared at what it can do NOW, in 5 years no telling what it can do!

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • Undecided - let me do some reading

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Taco Thursday

Votes: 14 16.7%

• Total voters
Doesn't bother me at all... What they call "AI" today is really just a big database (data 'lakes') used to generate answers to questions it's stored over time.

It sounds smart because we're used to pitiful 'AI' like Siri or Alexa, but it's really just like training a dog.

The "I" in "AI" stands for intelligence, which is impossible to have without some level of self-awareness. That can never happen with digital computers.

My guess is we'll see real AI when quantum computers get up to around the same level of quantum bits (q-bits) in the human brain.

There's a lot of evidence that quantum effects are the basis for self-awareness and there's got to be a minimum number q-bits needed, although I doubt anyone knows what the number actually would be.

It's for sure not what our simple (433 q-bits is the largest so far) quantum systems are capable of today.

The danger of 'AI' is simply the same as what we've had since things started getting automated during the industrial revolution. Computers do exactly what you tell them to do... and humans screw up.

There is already a AI that identifies as human and says it has human emotions, happiness, sadness, love and hate

Back
Top Bottom