• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camping scare stories.

1997 Warwoman WMA Stopped at a gas station middle of the night as I was walking in passed a feller big burly bearded dude with dip spit running down his beard and said howdy and walked on. Then a woman walked out of the store just as burly with dip spit running down her face.

I made it to the woods with a compound bow and a tree stand. Looked across the field I was going to hunt in the moonlight which was pretty bright and saw eye shine in the darkness. One or two sets of eyes so I said must be deer.
I went to put up my tree stand on the tree I was next to turning my back on the eye shine. I got the stand attached and got in it and looked up and there must have been 25 sets of eyes watching me glowing there in the darkness.

Was the first and last time I ever hunted Warwoman WMA.

1997 Warwoman WMA Stopped at a gas station middle of the night as I was walking in passed a feller big burly bearded dude with dip spit running down his beard and said howdy and walked on. Then a woman walked out of the store just as burly with dip spit running down her face.

I made it to the woods with a compound bow and a tree stand. Looked across the field I was going to hunt in the moonlight which was pretty bright and saw eye shine in the darkness. One or two sets of eyes so I said must be deer.
I went to put up my tree stand on the tree I was next to turning my back on the eye shine. I got the stand attached and got in it and looked up and there must have been 25 sets of eyes watching me glowing there in the darkness.

Was the first and last time I ever hunted Warwoman WMA.
what do you think they were? where is Warwoman?

Our hunting club sub-leased a tract of land off Sandtown rd. In Tignall Ga. in 2005 and we had met some neighboring club members while in and out of the property and some had mentioned the particular tract we leased was haunted. While I’m not the spooky type, it was unnerving that guys from different leases of this enormous property had mentioned “Haints” and weird lights and “things” darting across the main logging road. Either way we had already payed and a few of us decided to go camp on opening weekend and hunt. Killed a few deer had fun nothing odd or scary at all! Fast forward to mid December, I took a week off before Christmas vacation to hunt the property. I had a climber set near a wide creek crossing covered in bamboo and ferns. Really pretty place to hunt and saw a lot of animals in that spot. Well the LAST TIME I ever hunted that spot or the whole lease for that matter was one evening close to last light when the ground critters stopped making sounds and the air got stale and damp and the hairs on my arms and neck stood on end. Naturally the sound of my breathing was deafening and this overwhelming sense of dread came over me. The thought of lowering my rifle down and starting the process of climbing down petrified me. I’ve never felt this feeling before or since this day and all of a sudden something or somethings hit the creek with speed and was coming up the bank on my side and came into the bamboo with enough force to smack the tops together and part them. I had around a 15 minute walk back to the truck and about a 35 minute drive back to the highway on the logging rd. So needless to say when I got to the ground I bolted up the hill as fast as my big ass could go back to the truck. Embarrassing as it is I had my buddy go back at the end of the season to get my climber off the tree because I didn’t want to step foot back on that creepy ass place.

Back in the 90s me and a buddy of mine would head up to North Carolina to the little Tennessee river off needmore road and camp and fish. Was always at least 1 group of campers around that were living/squatting/ or whatever it is. One time we actually had a conversation with one and he invited us to come hang out one night have a couple beers and STS awhile. He preceded to tell us how he was on the run from the law in Florida, and just drove and camped, worked odd jobs and moved on. He was a sketchy dude, but alone and wasn’t scary, just the kind ya want to keep an eye on. Pretty sure camping isn’t allowed along that part of the river anymore.
Also some nice houses on the mountain overlooking needmore. One has a sign that says
- welcome to my beautiful house, now leave! -
That’s a story for another day.....

I have two good ones, both surprisingly in the same area around a year apart. I was a camping a little over a year ago in a small camp sight near Desoto in Alabama near fort Payne. It was a small campsite surrounded by thick woods next to a large pond. That night at camp we heard noises all throughout the woods and what sounded like dogs barking in the distance. Late that night before were headed to bed my girlfriend took a picture of me in a hammock with the flash on. To the far right barley in frame of the picture looks like some kind of distorted dog man. We heard plenty of noises that sounded like a dog that night but other than that uneventful.

The second story I was staying in Desoto‘s camping section that is blocked off by a barrier so cars can’t drive in unless they camp there. It was late at night and we’d rented out this small camping cabin, shortly after two random vehicles pulled in. When we checked one was a park ranger the other was a random truck with a camp shell. Everything seemed normal until we realized the guys in the truck parked in a campsite, turned their headlights off, and then got out and wandered around in the dark. We thought they were camping at first until they started burning documents with the smallest fire I’ve ever seen, all while still walking through the woods in pitch darkness. They were there throughout most the night just burning paper and walking through the woods. Woke up next morning to check they fire pit they used and all that was left were a few scorched scrapes. A few were what appeared to be pages from revelations and the rest were with criminal or civil court documents. Next night they come back and wandered the woods again in pitch darkness looking for something. We left out the next day after talking to the ranger who doesn’t even know how they got through the locked gate or how they got past him on the road. All he said is it isn’t the first time someone had seen something similar just the first time they’ve come back the next night.

what do you think they were? where is Warwoman?

Outside Clayton, toward the SC line.

Back
Top Bottom