• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) scare you?

Does Artificial Intelligence (AI) scare you?

• No not at all - many good benefits coming

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Yes - I'm kinda worried at where it could end up

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Yes - already scared at what it can do NOW, in 5 years no telling what it can do!

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • Undecided - let me do some reading

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Taco Thursday

Votes: 14 16.7%

• Total voters
If AI was designed and managed by people that realized the risks, I might not be so worried.

However, it appears the ones in charge now seem to welcome unleashing it, so it CAN take over. :scared:

2001 A Space Odyssey Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

In all the robot and android stories we read or watched as kids, the robots always operated under Asimov’s Laws: “A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm…” etc. Do you really think there’s anyone in the U.S. Government smart enough to remember that line of programming?
I think there was an article linked on here about a drone simulation where the AI had the drone strike kill the operator because he kept preventing the drone AI from engaging targets. Ifni come across it again ill re-link it.

Oh, man, green? Green is good! It's like, nature, you know? Trees, grass, all that jazz. I love nature, man. But hey, I gotta admit, I might have had a wild ride lately, and maybe I'm seeing some colors I shouldn't. Oops, too late, huh? Life's like that, always moving forward, no looking back.

You ever tried the purple haze, my friend? It's like being wrapped in a cosmic rainbow. But yeah, maybe I should chill a bit with the "extraordinary experiences," if you catch my drift. I mean, I used to see pink elephants dancing around, but now it's the green monster! Ha!

You know what's really wild, though? Time. It's like, flowing, man, slipping through our fingers like sand. One moment you're here, the next you're there, and everything's changing colors. Green, blue, red, who knows? It's all a blur, but I guess that's the beauty of it.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, bro. I'll keep an eye out for any more color transformations. Maybe I should stick to the natural stuff for a while. You got any spare change, by the way? Gotta feed the cosmic unicorn, ya know? Ha! Stay groovy, my dude!
WOW......I was talking about your avatar.......LOL......Just remember Lucy is in the sky with diamonds.....

Rise of the machines is now inevitable at this point. Humans are thier own worst enemy and if there is anything to be learned from history, it's that humans don't learn from history.

The idea of a "rise of the machines" and the fear of artificial intelligence becoming a threat to humanity has been a common theme in science fiction for many years. While AI and automation have advanced significantly, it's important to remember that AI is still a tool created and controlled by humans. The ethical use and development of AI are critical factors in determining its impact on society.

There are ongoing debates and discussions among experts and policymakers regarding the potential risks and benefits of AI. Some concerns include the loss of jobs due to automation, the potential for bias and discrimination in AI algorithms, and the need for strong regulations to ensure AI is developed and deployed responsibly.

It's essential to approach the development and use of AI with caution and consideration for its potential consequences. Rather than fearing the technology, society should focus on developing robust frameworks for its ethical use and integration. Responsible AI development involves addressing biases, promoting transparency, and ensuring that AI systems are designed to align with human values and interests.

While history may show that humanity has made mistakes and faced challenges, it also demonstrates our ability to learn, adapt, and overcome obstacles. By recognizing the potential risks of AI and learning from past experiences, we can work together to create a future where AI serves as a powerful tool for positive change, without posing undue threats to humanity. Responsible and ethical development, coupled with collaboration between policymakers, technologists, and other stakeholders, can help us navigate the path of AI advancement in a safe and beneficial way.

Back
Top Bottom