• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camping scare stories.

Saw this thread yesterday for the first time. DeSoto Alabama caught my attention as a good friend of mine has moved there last year. Anyway, just finished reading it all this morning. Cool and spooky stuff!
i wish the thread would gain interest again.
you know there are more stories out there with as many people this forum has.

Old houses are not the only ones that have spooky things going on. We had a house built in Austell and no one else had ever lived there. There is a half basement where some things happened, but it is a trip story house , basement level, living kitchen, dining area level, sleeping level. Our daughter in law, mixed race was in the basement and was told loudly to get out. She did. My daughter would see a small blue light in the hallway at night. My son would get into the shower and the bathroom door would open and close. We had a lot of over night guest once so we put three teenagers in the basement, the next day, they refused to sleep there again. You know how you will almost run into someone and spin to avoid them? One day I was running late for work and came running down the stairs and almost ran into a man wearing jeans, a checked shirt, and a red bandana. I spun to avoid him, turned to apologize and he was gone. We never felt threatened, but there was something there. Sometimes I felt they wanted to speak, never had the nerve to try. I don't know if I believe in ghosts or not, but I do know that there is more in heaven and earth that we know.

I like the way you bumped this thread....

C'mon Guys, bring up some scary story!!! :becky: :becky: :becky: :becky:
me too lol.
it been a while since we have had anybody add to this thread. it was a great run and lots
of cool stories to read.

there is a guy on youtube and his channel has tons of cool
stories he reads. i fall asleep to his channel 3 or 5 times a week
listening as i crash for the night.

I'll add this one even though it's not camping. It also has to do with my mom's last days before she passed away. During those last few weeks before hospice told us she only had a day or two left, we were constantly going by to check on her in the evenings after her day time sitter had left. This particular evening my daughter stopped by. When she got out of her car she could hear people talking in mom's living room where her hospital bed was. She heard my mom's voice and a man's voice.

So my daughter goes in and no one is there but my mom. So she ask's her, "Mammaw, who were you talking to just now."

My mom looked over at the recliner and said, "Your pawpaw was just here and we were talking."

My dad, her pawpaw passed away in that same house in 1995.

Back
Top Bottom