• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Camping scare stories.

Let me tell you one..... My uncle Otis had a wooden leg, we would have family get togethers ever so often and they would last well after dark so the kin would stayover night. Us kids got bumped to palettes. Uncle Otis and I mma took my.bedroom on this night. Uncle took off his wooden leg and tried to to sleep. The next morning he asked me what was in that room, said he did not sleep all night. He said that when he lay down, something started packing the cover around his bad leg and he could feel the leg. He said that he kicked at it with his good leg and something growled an forced his leg down. He could only see a shadow, but could hear it breathing. Just before dawn, the pressure on his legs went away and it was gone. The house had been built from wood salvaged from a huge house that had been used as a hospital during the civil war. I never felt or saw anything there, but I remember trying to leave one eye open for a while.

Just remembered this one…
Wife had a good friend and roommate for quite a few years. The woman married a guy who was quite a practical joker, always messing with my wife when she was around.
He died from prostate cancer at an early age, we attended his funeral service. That night, as we were sleeping, a rain stick we had propped in a corner began tinkling. It would go for a few seconds, stop, start again.
It had been in the same place for months, sitting quietly, undisturbed. The house was perfectly quiet, no vibration or movement to trigger it.
Wife called the dead man’s name, said “I know that’s you, stop it, we have to work tomorrow.”
It stopped immediately and was quiet the rest of the night. I picked it up the next morning and it sounded again so there was no reason for it to just coincidentally stop at the exact time my wife spoke.
We’ve had it for years, and it has never again just started up without someone touching it.

Glad to see people are adding to this thread again. My new project started at one of the hospitals in town. I'll admit it can be a little creepy closing the construction zones at night once everyone has left for the day. We have to walk the site to ensure nobody is in our area and check for leaks/standing water. We'll see if I have anything to add over the next few months.

Several years ago the wife and I were camping at Andrews cove above Helen, just after day break we hear something crunching the gravel next to the tent. I figured it might be a bear, but thought the cadence was off. I eased out of the tent to find a very slender man with a long white beard and hair completely naked and playing with himself, when he saw me he began cackling and whooping like a wild animal. I pointed a pistol at him and he ran like hell. About 20 minutes later a park ranger comes through asking if we had seen him. We said yes and the ranger said its common and that they have had several complaints and then asked me if anything was missing. I looked around and found the crank handles missing from our fishing poles, ranger then says weird naked guy always takes mementoes. Still gives me the creeps. And I always wondered where he had them cranks hidden cause he didn't have no pockets, his member was in one hand and the other was empty.
Sounds like a guy we all know on here.Hum white hair and beard you say?

I have two good ones, both surprisingly in the same area around a year apart. I was a camping a little over a year ago in a small camp sight near Desoto in Alabama near fort Payne. It was a small campsite surrounded by thick woods next to a large pond. That night at camp we heard noises all throughout the woods and what sounded like dogs barking in the distance. Late that night before were headed to bed my girlfriend took a picture of me in a hammock with the flash on. To the far right barley in frame of the picture looks like some kind of distorted dog man. We heard plenty of noises that sounded like a dog that night but other than that uneventful.

The second story I was staying in Desoto‘s camping section that is blocked off by a barrier so cars can’t drive in unless they camp there. It was late at night and we’d rented out this small camping cabin, shortly after two random vehicles pulled in. When we checked one was a park ranger the other was a random truck with a camp shell. Everything seemed normal until we realized the guys in the truck parked in a campsite, turned their headlights off, and then got out and wandered around in the dark. We thought they were camping at first until they started burning documents with the smallest fire I’ve ever seen, all while still walking through the woods in pitch darkness. They were there throughout most the night just burning paper and walking through the woods. Woke up next morning to check they fire pit they used and all that was left were a few scorched scrapes. A few were what appeared to be pages from revelations and the rest were with criminal or civil court documents. Next night they come back and wandered the woods again in pitch darkness looking for something. We left out the next day after talking to the ranger who doesn’t even know how they got through the locked gate or how they got past him on the road. All he said is it isn’t the first time someone had seen something similar just the first time they’ve come back the next night.
Gotta see that picture

Back
Top Bottom