• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1984 f150 carb issue?

Damn, Swamp I thought all that truck needed was a 70 MPH trip up the interstate. I didn't know it was gonna nickel and dime you to death. But I guess that's what happens when they sit for a while.

this is what a dipstick looks like. images.jpg

Damn, Swamp I thought all that truck needed was a 70 MPH trip up the interstate. I didn't know it was gonna nickel and dime you to death. But I guess that's what happens when they sit for a while.
not a big deal, drove a little bit more today it actually has an stutter when you punch the gas at any speed even after warmed up.. gonna have the timing checked Monday, when I take it in the get aligned..

Adding to the noise - if the truck sat unused quite a bit, and had a half or quarter take of gas - the fuel tank will often develop corrosion on the inside. When it gets used again and the tank is topped off the corrosion will get pulled into the fuel system. If this happens, at the least you may have to change the filter(s) several times until the system is cleared. At worst, you may have to drop and clean the tank or even replace it.

Back
Top Bottom