• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1984 f150 carb issue?

Only when its cold? When it's warmed up no acceleration problem, runs fine, idle smooth, etc. ?????If so check/adjust the choke. Hopefully the previous owner hasn't screwed with it or messed up any of the linkage to badly. Worst case, carb kit and junkyard trip to locate missing/damged linkage.edit to add:I've got nothing going on today....bring beer.
LOL first thing I looked at was where he was at. I probably got the stuff on the shelf to fix it.

I can't see pics....but according to description ya just need some one to properly set the choke and see if the choke pull off is working.

EEC-IV engines are semi computer controlled. Choke is driven by a relay using the temp sensor for the computer to trigger the relay.

semi computer controlled = you poor bastard. Early emissions systems can be sooo much fun to work on.

EEC-IV engines are semi computer controlled. Choke is driven by a relay using the temp sensor for the computer to trigger the relay.

semi computer controlled = you poor bastard. Early emissions systems can be sooo much fun to work on.
yeah it seems to have two small boxes mounted on drivers fender I assume are the computers or ignition modules.

41mag has hit the nail on the head sir, choke pull off needs to be properly set as well as the choke coil. The old carb. fed models tend to be a bit cold blooded. Very simple procedure to set the choke and the pull off. Must be done stone cold, need the specs for setting it up, also set the fast idle and kick down while you are at it.

Back
Top Bottom