• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Downed biker.

Good job helping out!!

Scariest thing on a motorcycle is deer. Riding home one early morning on Buford Dam Road I was doing about 45 and out of the blue before I could do anything a deer jumped out of the woods from the right and came across the street in front of me. Somehow I missed it but it actually kicked my left leg as it went across the street into the woods. Scared the **** out of me!

@ Comanche -

Thank you for saving my life. I honestly don't remember some of the details you have put some of the pieces together for me.

I was traveling north on 19. The road is being paved and traffic was very light. Perfect for a ride. However, there was a lot of gravel due to the new pavement, so I was doing 25mph at times, eyes on the road and my next twisty but also on the gravel trying my best to avoid it.

Deer jumped out from nowhere and hit me. The thing knocked me off the bike. I am starting to remember things, I do remember a man with a baseball cap and a white van, first to stop, I don't remember talking. I am sorry as I am trying my best. I do remember you asked for the keys to the bike to turn it off.

I also remember the lady who identified herself as a nurse, stayed with me as well until the cops and EMT arrived. She even prayed for me. You guys are the salt of the earth. Random acts of kindness like these gives me hope.

Thank you for saving my life brother. I don't remember being close to a cliff. I don't remember anything after hitting the deer, the bike hit it but it hit me too, maybe a hoof or who knows, I felt something hit me and I saw the deer's head in between my helmet and handlebars. Then I remember getting up and not being able to walk. and then I can only remember looking at you on the road directing traffic. And the lady. At least I got to say thanks to you which will never be enough.

I wish I could do the same to Mrs. Marilyn, the nurse. Angels came to rescue me.

Broken shoulder, dislocated left knee, scattered, smothered and covered like a Waffle House hash brown.

Bike-jacking by a deer. I guess he wanted my Vrod!

God Bless you brother.

Thanks to orodri1 for connecting me with Comanche, I spent most of the night at the hospital thinking not being able to recognize or at least say thanks to the people who didn't have to but they did help a total stranger.

Yes brother 1, we need to dress for success every time we ride. I wit the ground at 35MPH and have NO ROAD RASH. I am a lucky man. Luck when combined with being prepared is a good opportunity.

Thanks to orodri1 for connecting me with Comanche, I spent most of the night at the hospital thinking not being able to recognize or at least say thanks to the people who didn't have to but they did help a total stranger.

Yes brother 1, we need to dress for success every time we ride. I wit the ground at 35MPH and have NO ROAD RASH. I am a lucky man. Luck when combined with being prepared is a good opportunity.

Im happy you're ok. Deer are the scariest then dogs for me. after you get healed up and ready to ride again. Look into air vests. 2 yrs ago my bunch of cronies had a spat of accidents. I happen to see an article about air vests. Very effective. I have at various times had ribs, front and back punctured lungs, collar bone, back, neck and limbs. I likely would have avoided all of it except limbs of course. Anyway, they are inexpensive, effective and you forget you are wearing it after awhile.
Also, for everyone that rides in the mountains, look into helicopter insurance. Hospitals are in cahoots with the helo companies and they can wipe you out without insurance. Its a 40-60k ride that your health coverage will not pay for normally. its less than 100.00 for the year for the family. Be safe

@ Comanche -

Thank you for saving my life. I honestly don't remember some of the details you have put some of the pieces together for me.

I was traveling north on 19. The road is being paved and traffic was very light. Perfect for a ride. However, there was a lot of gravel due to the new pavement, so I was doing 25mph at times, eyes on the road and my next twisty but also on the gravel trying my best to avoid it.

Deer jumped out from nowhere and hit me. The thing knocked me off the bike. I am starting to remember things, I do remember a man with a baseball cap and a white van, first to stop, I don't remember talking. I am sorry as I am trying my best. I do remember you asked for the keys to the bike to turn it off.

I also remember the lady who identified herself as a nurse, stayed with me as well until the cops and EMT arrived. She even prayed for me. You guys are the salt of the earth. Random acts of kindness like these gives me hope.

Thank you for saving my life brother. I don't remember being close to a cliff. I don't remember anything after hitting the deer, the bike hit it but it hit me too, maybe a hoof or who knows, I felt something hit me and I saw the deer's head in between my helmet and handlebars. Then I remember getting up and not being able to walk. and then I can only remember looking at you on the road directing traffic. And the lady. At least I got to say thanks to you which will never be enough.

I wish I could do the same to Mrs. Marilyn, the nurse. Angels came to rescue me.

Broken shoulder, dislocated left knee, scattered, smothered and covered like a Waffle House hash brown.

God Bless you brother.
@ Comanche -

God Bless you brother.
So glad you are ok.

@ Comanche -

God Bless you brother.

Holy crap man!
Glad you’re okay...I couldn’t get your face out of my mind all night.
I was really hoping you were okay as I figured that deer hit you and knocked you out.
I was sooo scared when you wouldn’t respond to me...took about 30 seconds for you to start blinking your eyes and say something coherent.
Man I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Beer is on me when you get back in action.
I don’t think I saved your life by any means ....I just happened to be there.
It was a pretty surreal scene with you lying there, no cars going by at first and it was so quiet.
Your skin color was grayish and you weren’t moving...I really planned for the worst when I got to you.
When you opened your eyes I felt like I hit the lottery.
Man I’ll bet you’lr Wife is happy you’re still with us.
Yeah that lady that helped out was super sweetheart.
She’s the real hero IMO.

Been on the pavement 9 times at speed. Once at over 100 mph, and wasn't dressed for it. Lost over 25% of my skin, some meat, and a little bone with that one. I was back on the bike in 2 weeks. I don't ride anymore, my wife has seen the scars, and I probably wouldn't bounce back like I used to. Glad to hear you are going to be ok.

Back
Top Bottom