• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Downed biker.

Thanks to orodri1 for connecting me with Comanche, I spent most of the night at the hospital thinking not being able to recognize or at least say thanks to the people who didn't have to but they did help a total stranger.

Yes brother 1, we need to dress for success every time we ride. I wit the ground at 35MPH and have NO ROAD RASH. I am a lucky man. Luck when combined with being prepared is a good opportunity.

Yeah I have tons of respect for guys who dress for the slide.
My Daughter and her Husband ride.
They’re both fairly new at riding.
It didn’t take long for her Husband to get clipped by a car and laid his bike down under a tractor trailer...luckily didn’t get crushed as the operator saw him and did some life saving maneuvering/ braking......messed up his knee and and his sportster 48....he still rides.
He since got a sport bike and my Daughter did as well.
They only ride back roads for the most part and try to ride on low traffic days.
They’ve both had several experiences with blatantly murderous car drivers that purposely put their lives in danger.
Scares the crap out of me cause they’ve given us three beautiful grandchildren and I’d hate to lose them from a motorcycle accident.
Ive lost several friends and acquaintances, even family members from motorcycle accidents, mostly other motorists faults so I have a soft spot for bike riders and treat them all like it was my Brother or Daughter next to me on the road.
Ive even blocked A hole car drivers from tailgating bikes or acting stupid around them.

I’m one of those guys that would love to ride a street bike but I just don’t trust other drivers enough to take that plunge but I love to watch others enjoying theirs.

Unfortunately I’ve came across several bike accidents living up here in the mountains and just last year witnessed a guy wreck his bike near the stone pile at 19/60 split when he was hotdogging and passing fellow riders in a large group of sport bikes.
He laid it down hard and they had to carry him limping across the road.
They blocked the road and got his bike off the street then say him on the guard rail.
I had my trailer and offered to to take his bike and him to the hospital but they refused yet thanked me for the offer.
I’ll bet he regretted that later cause he seemed hurt pretty bad but didn’t want to admit it.

Yeah man I’m always looking out for you guys and I totally respect the ones who dont ride like maniacs.....I’ve had my share of experiences with those types as well.

You're a good dude John, which I've known since the first deal we made almost 10 yrs. ago. Hope you're around if I ever hit a snag in the Forsyth county area! Praying for Omar too, he couldn't have had better help during his accident!

You're a good dude John, which I've known since the first deal we made almost 10 yrs. ago. Hope you're around if I ever hit a snag in the Forsyth county area! Praying for Omar too, he couldn't have had better help during his accident!

Yeah Brother!
You got my #....call anytime/anywhere to help out a Brother.

Outstanding Comanche Comanche . I don’t know Omar but I’m a biker and I appreciate you stopping and doing what you could do. Thank you.

Key phrase “What I could do.”It wasn’t much but I gave it my all..lol.
I gotta say that Omar dude was one tough guy.
Anybody else would have been crying like a baby given the extent of injuries he sustained.
He was joking around about going bald when the lady said he looked young for his age.
He was slipping in and out of consciousness and she kept saying “stay with us “ stay with us buddy.
Dude was tough as nails.

Glad to hear good news concerning a bike hitting a deer. I lost a good friend to a deer bike accident. Hats off to those that stopped and rendered aid and comfort. Heal fast and live long.

Back
Top Bottom