• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Downed biker.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So I was on my way home this evening coming through the twisties on 19 in Dahlonega when I saw a downed bike in the opposite lane.
There was a man laying next to it on the side of the road and dang near dangling off of a steep cliff.
I jerked my van off to the side , hit my flashers and led’s and ran up to him.m while calling 911.
He wasn’t responding and he looked gray in color.
I checked his pulse, had a good pulse and I noticed him breathing .
He wouldn’t respond for about 30 seconds...finally after me hollering at him he started to flicker his eyes and look around.
I told him “Dont move, you laid down your motorcycle and your darn near dangling at the edge of a cliff.”
I turned his bike off and checked for fuel leaks, none.
I asked him his name and He said his name is Omar and I asked him where he lived and he said cumming.
I asked him what year it was and he said 2020, I asked him who the President was and he said Trump 2020...-and smiled.
By then a lady came running from her car and said she was a nurse and she started checking him out.....I told her I’m gonna direct traffic and i’m gonna leave his bike there so nobody runs him over.
There was a dangerous bend right up the street and cars love to fly there so I had to keep cars blocked from going around till the coast was clear.
They lady asked him a few questions about his pain and he said his shoulder was hurt pretty bad and his back hurt.
He said he had a previous surgery and had titanium in his back.
He was calm and was joking around a bit but you could tell he was in a lot of pain.
He said a deer ran out in front of him.
I looked at his bike and saw deer hair in his mirrors and signals.
I told him “You hit that deer.”
He said he saw it but doesent remember hitting it.
I told him “You hit that deer dead on and it probably knocked you out cold because you were unconscious when I got to you.”

He was like “Dayam I was only going 35 MpH too.”....and I said that deer was probably cooking when it came down that hill.” He said “Yeah it was booking man.”
I said “Yeah I see deer cross here almost every day and there’s only one way to come down that hill and that’s fast.”

He’s like “Dayam.”

So some more small talk and the cops and EMS showed up within a few minutes.

So if anyone knows Omar from Cumming lemme know how he’s doing.

So I was on my way home this evening coming through the twisties on 19 in Dahlonega when I saw a downed bike in the opposite lane.
There was a man laying next to it on the side of the road and dang near dangling off of a steep cliff.
I jerked my van off to the side , hit my flashers and led’s and ran up to him.m while calling 911.
He wouldn’t respond for about 30 seconds...finally after me hollering at him he started to flicker his eyes and look around.
I told him “Dont move, you laid down your motorcycle and your darn near dangling at the edge of a cliff.”
I asked him his name and He said his name is Omar and I asked him where he lived and he said cumming.
I asked him what year it was and he said 2020, I asked him who the President was and he said Trump 2020...-and smiled.
By then a lady came running from her car and said she was a nurse and she started checking him out.....I told her I’m gonna direct traffic and i’m gonna leave his bike there so nobody runs him over.
There was a dangerous bend right up the street and cars love to fly there so I had to keep cars blocked from going around till the coast was clear.
They lady asked him a few questions about his pain and he said his shoulder was hurt pretty bad and his back hurt.
He was calm and was joking around a bit but you could tell he was in a lot of pain.
I told him “You hit that deer dead on and it probably knocked you out cold because you were unconscious when I got to you.”

He was like “Dayam I was only going 35 MpH too.”....and I said that deer was probably cooking when it came down that hill.” He said “Yeah it was booking man.”
I said “Yeah I see deer cross here almost every day and there’s only one way to come down that hill and that’s fast.”

He’s like “Dayam.”

good on you.

He’s like “Dayam.”

Damn... I thought we were talking our resident biker based on the title... Glad both are alright!

Back
Top Bottom