• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High priced Guns & Cheap scopes?

scopes always end up as a jerk off comp with folks trying to justify deminishing returns. Yes you should prob do a bit better than a 100 dollar scope but high end scopes are useless to prob 90%+ of shooters and most shooters wouldnt even be able to tell. Its easy when you have them all next to each other to see slight differences and before anyone tries to get up in arms, no i dont do high end shooting. . . . but i do work on high end laser optics with lens that cost about 4k each on our low end . . . .i can promise most high end shooters . . . . YOU havent seen clear glass
There is zero comparison between glass in scopes and glass in laser devices. Completely different needs of each.

There is zero comparison between glass in scopes and glass in laser devices. Completely different needs of each.

No **** just proving it can all go even further. Hell i got a buddy taht works for zeiss scientific and im sure he can talk some really crazy **** if we want. Its all baised upon needs and to argue specs over needs will always be silly and someone can always bring up the next step. Its a silly argument and i own nightforce on a rifle and a bushnell on another and can still understand its a silly argument

No **** just proving it can all go even further. Hell i got a buddy taht works for zeiss scientific and im sure he can talk some really crazy **** if we want. Its all baised upon needs and to argue specs over needs will always be silly and someone can always bring up the next step. Its a silly argument and i own nightforce on a rifle and a bushnell on another and can still understand its a silly argument
You aren't understanding. You are trying to compare apples to oranges. It's not a "taking it further" thing. Saying you work with lasers translates somewhere around the 2% mark on knowledge about scopes.

And NF glass is nothing special. You drop from the atacr lines, and nf glass is even more blah. Flex elsewhere

You aren't understanding. You are trying to compare apples to oranges. It's not a "taking it further" thing. Saying you work with lasers translates somewhere around the 2% mark on knowledge about scopes.

And NF glass is nothing special. You drop from the atacr lines, and nf glass is even more blah. Flex elsewhere

lol i am commenting on how yalls flex is dumb, silly and childish. you wanna measure cocks then lets just do it and get it over with but its ****ing dumb. most of have feel no need to flex period but then others like to pop up in every thread like this and try to "flex on the poors" and its a pretty poor flex at that. wanna talk about big **** then lets talk about big ****. otherwise let folks do what they gonna do and keep it moving.

lol i am commenting on how yalls flex is dumb, silly and childish. you wanna measure cocks then lets just do it and get it over with but its ****ing dumb. most of have feel no need to flex period but then others like to pop up in every thread like this and try to "flex on the poors" and its a pretty poor flex at that. wanna talk about big **** then lets talk about big ****. otherwise let folks do what they gonna do and keep it moving.
Please show me where I tried to flex. I'll be waiting.

A Quality optic is a quality optic. There’s no flex. It’s just a fact. Issues with optics are not as forgiving as issues with rifles. You have a 2 MOA rifle? You’ll still be able to make some hits at extended range. You have a scope who’s click values are not accurate or consistent, you aren’t hitting anything.

It’s disingenuous to say that 40 year old redfield is just as good bc you’ve been killing deer for 25 years from 30 yards in the same clearing of planted pines. Will it perform in that limited scenario? Yes, it’s been doing it for 25 years. Anything outside of that? No.

I wish we could put this topic to rest. It’s not putting people or their gear down. It’s providing realistic expectations on what scopes can and cannot do.

You need a tough, repeatable, precise, clear
Scope. Generally, the higher you move up in price, the more likely the scope will have those features.

OP is an asshole. Glad he’s banned.

Back
Top Bottom