• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

High priced Guns & Cheap scopes?

I don't think you have to spend $1,000 or more to get a decent scope. However I do believe that Barska, UTG, and NC Star are an absolute no-go no matter what the situation. Junk! I mean when you get a scope, rings, laser, Red Dot and 14 different color changes for $130 borders on the edge of cheapskate equipment. Strike that last comment. It doesn't border on the edge it is straight up Cheapskate equipment.
Tried to tell this kid at work…I know he bought the pretty colors to go on his DB10..I am one of the poors but I ain’t going there..

Rainbow-Scope-3-768x512.jpgSo what kind of scope should I put on my deer rifle that screams that I have a huge cock and bad eye sight?

It’s easier to find a cure for cancer than it is to convince some one that no your $100 optic is not “jus az gud.”

I have a 200 dollar nikon that has held zero for 5 years. It's on a shotgun with a rifled barrel. It will never have to make a shot more than 200 yards but I trust it do what it needs to do. It's all about what you are trying to do. 99.99999999 percent of the world won't have to make an 800 yard shot to save the world. They aren't in competitions either. Everyone wants good glass but it's secondary to the gun. Always will be.

I have a 200 dollar nikon that has held zero for 5 years. It's on a shotgun with a rifled barrel. It will never have to make a shot more than 200 yards but I trust it do what it needs to do. It's all about what you are trying to do. 99.99999999 percent of the world won't have to make an 800 yard shot to save the world. They aren't in competitions either. Everyone wants good glass but it's secondary to the gun. Always will be.

I have a Nikon prostaff same deal and scenario as you. It’s literally been since 2006 and never had to rezero it. I’ve confirmed zero but never had to make adjustments. It’s important to note I also don’t dial it either though. My comment was directed at yard boss who’s always personally offended with items that aren’t “budget friendly.” He’s the extreme left of the elite snobs he routinely thinks he’s calling out.

But what I routinely see in scope threads is “it shoots deer at 100 yards, therefore it’s just as capable (or makes me and my set up) just as capable as your xyz higher end scope. No one elaborates like you did. They make a logical jump that this item performs in these extremely limited scenarios all the time therefore it’s just as good.

It’s not and never will be. It’s not an opinion, it’s not being elitist, it’s just a fact. Competing and shooting long range is not saving the world. It’s just a different experience from the 100 yards, Georgia deer hunters, which I am also a member of that club.

I have a Nikon prostaff same deal and scenario as you. My comment was directed at yard boss who’s always personally offended with items that aren’t “budget friendly.” He’s the extreme left of the elite snobs he routinely thinks he’s calling out.

But what I routinely see in scope threads is “it shoots deer at 100 yards, therefore it’s just as capable (or makes me and my set up) just as capable as your xyz higher end scope. No one elaborates like you did. They make a logical jump that this item performs in these extremely limited scenarios all the time therefore it’s just as good.

It’s not and never will be. It’s not an opinion, it’s not being elitist, it’s just a fact. Competing and shooting long range is not saving the world. It’s just a different experience from the 100 yards, Georgia deer hunters, which I am also a member of that club.

I get that. I wasn't sticking up for yard boss. I never would.

Back
Top Bottom